Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Table/stand for an HF Portable Bandsaw

  1. #1

    Table/stand for an HF Portable Bandsaw

    I just picked up a Bauer Portable Bandsaw from HF and it cuts great but I have some small stuff I want to do and need more control than horsing around a 16lb tool can provide. Has any one made or have plans for a table/stand to mount a portable bandsaw? Thanks for your thoughts.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    1,524
    Swag Offroad sells tables for all of the more common versions of these band saws. You will need to clamp or ty wrap the trigger switch ON and use a foot switch because using the saw with a switch behind/below the table is all but impossible. These foot switches just plug into the wall and have a recepticle on them for plugging the saw into. I just put a ty wrap around the switch on my saw, and cut it off when I take the saw out of the table to use portable. Removal from the table is easy with just one thumb bolt. We have two band saws and two of these tables. Since there are different versions of the tables for different saws, be sure to include the brand and model number of your saw when ordering a table.

    http://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-Port...ries_c_35.html

    Charley

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Lent View Post
    Swag Offroad sells tables for all of the more common versions of these band saws. You will need to clamp or ty wrap the trigger switch ON and use a foot switch because using the saw with a switch behind/below the table is all but impossible. These foot switches just plug into the wall and have a recepticle on them for plugging the saw into. I just put a ty wrap around the switch on my saw, and cut it off when I take the saw out of the table to use portable. Removal from the table is easy with just one thumb bolt. We have two band saws and two of these tables. Since there are different versions of the tables for different saws, be sure to include the brand and model number of your saw when ordering a table.

    http://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-Port...ries_c_35.html

    Charley
    Thanks Charley I'll take a look.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Iowa USA
    Posts
    3,398
    It would be neat to have it mounted like the standard horizontal bandsaw so you could put something in the vise, start the saw and walk away. Maybe they do make one???
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa. , LightObject 40w CO2 Laser and Chiller, MakerGear M2 3D Printer. Fine Line Automation 4x4 CNC Router- Mach4 ESS

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    It would be neat to have it mounted like the standard horizontal bandsaw...
    Now THAT would be cool! I haven't found one yet though.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, UT
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berklich View Post
    I just picked up a Bauer Portable Bandsaw from HF and it cuts great but I have some small stuff I want to do and need more control than horsing around a 16lb tool can provide. Has any one made or have plans for a table/stand to mount a portable bandsaw? Thanks for your thoughts.
    Head over to GarageJournal.com, ask over there. A number of folks have made "SWAG" type tables for their portable bandsaws.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •