I know this is a silly question on some levels, but very serious regarding a potential purchase.

I presently use a Jet 16/32 drum sander on most projects. There have been a number of times that it's width capacity has been lacking, but not in most cases.

I'm looking into selling it, and replacing it with a larger drum sander. I think a real wide-belt sander is out of the question monetarily.

Models I am looking into are the Jet 22-44 ProDrum Sander which is 3HP, and does have a DRO which will save me the time and effort of installing one. List price is $2,703

A second possible choice is the Supermax 25-50, which would give me significant increase in width, but I'm wondering if the 1.75HP motor is underpowered for very wide boards. List price is $1,999

The last possible choice I've found is the Woodmaster 5075. Clearly a beast of a machine, with a 7.5HP motor, and the large capacity. List price is the most at $4,929

If the 1.75HP power isn't an issue, the Supermax looks like a good buy. The Jet is tempting due to its extra power, though I'd lose that extra width.

The Woodmaster looks like a wide belt lite machine. Probably significant overkill.

Any thoughts, or suggestions from owners of any of these machines?