Thread: Bathroom Vanity Designs

Bathroom Vanity Designs

The general contractor brought us in to create a double sink vanity in a new addition he built for this couple’s home. The original house was over 200 yrs old so we designed cabinetry with wider stiles & rails and inset the door & drawer fronts to give it more ‘age’ and class.
    Here is the floor plan and both elevation views…

Their architect had repositioned the entry door which left us less wall space, so we narrowed the make-up desk and placed it at the end of the cabs, on the right. He also eliminated the wall cabs (for recessed ceiling lights and to accommodate wall mounted mirrors with sconces above). He asked us to create a ‘tower’ (for two medicine cabinets ). We adjusted our numbers, modified the plan and got to work.

Here is the architect’s sketch on my rendering…

And here is how it turned out…

Russell Hudson /
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 09-05-2017 at 8:58 PM. Reason: Removed link in signature...not permitted.

Very nice design and execution.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

The medicine cabinet tower is neat ... what happens where the two intersect, and how deep are they? What is in the corner bottom unit underneath? Assuming that is accessible from the door to the left, or there would be another stack of drawers there?
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

Overall I like it. I noticed that in the drawing the crown goes around all ,and I like that idea better than photo. And I've noticed that we don't stand with our toes under the kick space. I'll be glad when they go away. Think that the back space in the kick shown would look better painted black.

Very nice work! High end stuff. Like to see the leg gone at the makeup table. An angle wall bracket for more leg movement would compliment well. We're jealous of your projects though.