Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gravo IS200 and Aspire

I suspect the only way around this is to do some rewiring. We have a Xenetech that we bought to make into a smaller CNC type machine. Someone here, years ago, figured out all the pin connections, then gave the pin layout for a new cable. You make the new cable, change a few things, if I recall correctly, and then it'll work with CNC based systems, like WinCNC. I had it running, needed to change a couple things to fine tune it, and then work happened and I never got back to it. But it's certainly possible. You just need to know the pin out for the machine, then make a cable that works for that and whatever software you plan to drive it from.

Aspire doesn't drive anything, it just writes the code. You'd have to have something to drive the machine, which is where WinCNC or something like that would come in. I might have that name wrong, it's been so long since I did it, I might be remembering that name incorrectly.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

As an aside, not all USB to RS-232 converters are the same. I used to help yachties trying to use old nav systems with newer laptops (lacking RS-232 serial ports). I saw a lot of different converters, mostly Chinese, and rarely did they work properly. The only one that was 100% reliable was made using two chips from Texas Instruments. Some companies (the old Radio Shack comes to mind) even used different chips (without any notice or change in labeling) from time to time. Very confusing to people who thought that had a solution to share.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

This is prob too bloody late but if it is a serial/RS232 machine then no problems.
    Use an ATEN converter and a Generic text only driver. To match the comms you press the tick on the 2nd startup screen on the IS200 to access baud rates, etc. I can give more details and Aspire should work or a Vectric product.
    If it’s not serial.....you’re screwed.