Thread: EZCad2 settings file? Transfer settings from one computer to another

Question EZCad2 settings file? Transfer settings from one computer to another

Hoping someone might know of an easier way of copying settings from one computer to another and retaining the settings from the original computer without having to go screen by screen through the parameters and setting them manually to match.

I copied the entire directory from the host PC to the new PC yet none of the settings have taken. Is there a settings file that is stored somewhere outside of the Ezcad directory? I want to make sure that I don't accidentally miss any settings by doing everything manually if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance.
    30w IPG Fiber Laser

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Krei View Post
    Hoping someone might know of an easier way of copying settings from one computer to another and retaining the settings from the original computer without having to go screen by screen through the parameters and setting them manually to match.

I copied the entire directory from the host PC to the new PC yet none of the settings have taken. Is there a settings file that is stored somewhere outside of the Ezcad directory? I want to make sure that I don't accidentally miss any settings by doing everything manually if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance.
    Screen shots and print out the only 100% way to do any of those controllers.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Screen shots and print out the only 100% way to do any of those controllers.
    Thanks Bill, I was afraid of that.
    30w IPG Fiber Laser

EzCad2 likely stores the settings in regedit. If so you can easily find & export this and re-import into another computer. I'll check my system tonight.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

I was pleasantly surprised to find last night that my settings DID indeed copy over. Apparently when running in demo mode without the "dongle" / laser being connected the program displays default parameters. When I actually hooked it up to the machine and opened EZCad, all of my settings were populated correctly. Hooray!
    30w IPG Fiber Laser