Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: exhaust system for new laser

Quatro

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lenkic View Post
    Jennifer,

In your case all you need is a dust collector style blower that will cost you less than $500.00 including all hardware and hose to vent outside.
    Filtration systems are costly and will require frequent change of filters and odor eliminating carbon pellets.

Where in Canada are you? I may be able to suggest which blower to go with.
    Hi Tony,
    I see that you use a Quatro 626 Fume Extractor. Could you share your thoughts?

Do you use it indoors (not venting to outside)?
    Does it eliminate all odors?
    Are the filter lifespans/costs reasonable?
    Is there enough suction to remove smoke from laser bed?
    Any other thoughts?

TIA

Hi Phil,

Do you use it indoors (not venting to outside)?.....................My setup is for indoor venting
    Does it eliminate all odors?............................................ ....Not all, there is always some smell when lid is open after cutting job. When engraving only it is OK.
    Are the filter lifespans/costs reasonable?.............................In my workload pre filter bag lasts couple of months, pleated filter and hepa 6-8 month and carbon pellets ~ 2years.
    Is there enough suction to remove smoke from laser bed?.... Suction is OK but not as strong as direct outdoor venting with blower.
    Any other thoughts?......................................... ............... If you can venting with blower would be less costly and better option.

Hope this helps.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Cox View Post
    Thanks Ron for the info. I am becoming more and more convinced that I don't need to invest in a $5000 unit as was suggested.
    Isn't lake life wonderful!
    You also have to question what you are being offered in the way of a laser and how much of an 'upsell' that is from what you need. If they are looking to take advantage of you with this, I would rate them untrustworthy enough to go shop elsewhere.

EDIT: Saw this was a couple of years old - hope you got a good deal.