Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with Scroll Saw selection

I am sorry but a scroll saw creates very fine dust and it can get everywhere. My scroll saw creates enough dust that I would not use it inside without very good dust collection. The very fine dust and is the most hazardous.

Some of the better saws have dust collection ports. My Hegner hooked up to my Festool Midi vac barely leaves any dust at all. Would take days of cutting to have a handful on the floor. Very quiet saw and vac and easily used inside a house.

Any updates to this 2017 thread. Wifey needs to buy me something for Xmas, so...........

The King Industrial appears to be the Excelsior design. The major advantage being the table remains flat and the cutting arm and blade tilt. You don't have to fight gravity when scrolling. Most designs have the table tilting thus one is not only concentrating on cutting on a line but fighting gravity too.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    The King Industrial appears to be the Excelsior design. The major advantage being the table remains flat and the cutting arm and blade tilt. You don't have to fight gravity when scrolling. Most designs have the table tilting thus one is not only concentrating on cutting on a line but fighting gravity too.
    Any comments on quality now since it changed hands? I don't mind spending the wifey's money on something I may not need, but hey.........

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W Pugh View Post
    Any comments on quality now since it changed hands? I don't mind spending the wifey's money on something I may not need, but hey.........
    I can't comment on the King Industrial version as I have the 21" Excelsior made by GI before they went defunct. If you google you can find several forums that deal exclusively with scrolls saws and they would probably have better advice.

Our local WoodCraft closed and though it's reopened under a new owner, I haven't been there so I haven't actually seen one. That said, the King Industrial does have a dust collector shroud and hookup.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Looking at Pegas. Any new comments?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark W Pugh View Post
    Looking at Pegas. Any new comments?
    I have had a Pegas for a couple of months, it a great saw. I bought it from QTE, North America, ( qtena.com) and was very happy with their service. I think it was $800 plus shipping. The price was the same at several places I looked at, only the shipping was different. I was amazed at how well it was packed, it was actually bolted to a piece of plywood as part of the packing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dennis

A good starter scroll saw is the Dewalt, the next step up would be the Seyco or the Pegus, on the high end Hegner and RBI. All good saws, just how much money you want to spend.