Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on the Incra I-Box Box Joint Jig

I bought one because of one project, but don't use it that often. Once you get the technique down its a good device, but honestly, not really necessary if you are capable of making your own.

The setup didn't go like the directions indicate, at least for me.

One thing I figured out was to start by setting the pins about .005 wider than the blade. Then its a matter of dialing in the pin-to-blade distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Mayberry View Post
    I saw a photo of the I-Box with a 90 deg small plastic fitting (like the D.C elbows but smaller) to plug in a shop vac for dust collection. I have the I-Box and would like to add this. Anybody know where I can buy the fitting?
    Can't help you with the DC fitting, but you may want to ask your question in a new thread. Seems like all the replies since you first posted yesterday are responding to the original post from 2017.

Ha! I thought the pictures of that box posted earlier looked familiar.

Finally got around to making boxes and investing in the iBox jig. Read all the forums and watched the videos. Takes practice. Some key tips: treat it gently and precisely. Don’t over-tighten any of the screws. Be systematic. If the fingers are too wide or narrow after cutting a practice pair, gently adjust the finger width with the silver screw. Cut another pair. My first setup had fingers wider than the cut. Adjusted 2/2000 at a time and could see the fit improving each step. That was the penny-dropping bit for me. Took a few practice pairs but got it dialled in perfectly. This thing is not for those who rush. Very satisfying when I got it dialled in.
    Last edited by JimT Thompson; 02-14-2021 at 7:21 PM.

I love mine. Have to get back making some more boxes so havent used it for some time.