Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best pricing/deals on trotec speedy 300

Exclamation Best pricing/deals on trotec speedy 300

Can ya'll let me know what was the best price you received on at Trotec Speedy300? What options did it include and was it purchased at a show?

Last edited by Marc Jeske; 08-10-2017 at 4:48 PM.

I have talked to a couple different reps and received different prices just like the old car dealers.

I have seen those post but most of them are from a few years back. I am not sure how accurate they are since I'm sure the cost of material has gone up.

Chances are prices have come down. You still have to negotiate your purchase so I don"t think any prices you may see posted have much validity.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Blog Entries
    If you DO have a show near you, I'd go and try to work a deal. If not for the demo model, then just for another new machine. You SHOULD get a decent deal there.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Most of the major laser engraver manufacturers prefer not to have their pricing information shared on the Internet. They all have their reasons so we respect their position here knowing that there are so many variables and options available that it is very easy to misinterpret price structure without the details.

Although we certainly could disregard their policy its just disrespectful to do so and we won't make any friends with manufacturers. Some of these companies are sponsors of SawMill Creek and without their support there would not be any free access here. In fact almost half of our sponsors are from the laser engraving industry or engraving material suppliers so every forum here benefits from their financial support.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 08-11-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    I have talked to a couple different reps and received different prices just like the old car dealers.
    I remember those days well. The price was whatever the car sales person wanted to quote and thought you would pay. By the time the wholesaler - distributer got their cut it could be anything. Whatever the market would bear. Except when you talked to your neighbor and he got a good deal at XYZ motors.

So you really need to wonder if part of the influx of good Chinese machines is because you can see the price and then negotiate, instead of playing the "game"? I am not talking about the ch@p being peddled on eBay.
    Last edited by Bill George; 08-12-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

If I had bought an Epilog and then discovered someone had bought the same model several thousand dollars cheaper at a show I would feel cheated. Prices vary between Chinese Mfgs. but not by a lot. I don't understand the need for all the "smoke and mirrors". Even car dealerships have list prices these days and options are priced as well.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

Blog Entries
    Its call a Show special! Those attending the show and making a purchase get a further discount. Nothing harmful or deceitful about that. And almost 100 % of the companies displaying have some sort of show special. JDS has a 20% discount if you stop by their booth and purchase within a time period.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Keep in mind that with all of the companies selling lasers the reps work on varying commission arrangements. The salesperson has a lot to say about the price.
    Show specials are pretty much as John has described them.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Maybe not deceitful but I would still feel cheated if I saw the price reduced by several thousand at a show. YMMV - this is how I feel about it. I know it's common practise but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Henriksen View Post
    Maybe not deceitful but I would still feel cheated if I saw the price reduced by several thousand at a show. YMMV - this is how I feel about it. I know it's common practise but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
    Does it bother you when someone buys a car $500 cheaper than you did because they negotiated a better deal?

I don't get it. Sales reps have most often gotten a cut of the sale price. That's how they make money. If they selected the lowest price and gave everyone that deal, then they'd make less money. The people selling lasers aren't knocking down six figures a year as sales reps. They are feeding their families with the commission.

Part of running a business is negotiating the best deal for your business. If you aren't willing to do that for your own business, that's not the sales reps fault. This is not unique to lasers. Buy most any capital expense and it's your duty to negoiate the best deal. In almost 35 years in manufacturing, I've never seen an employer that didn't negotiate the deal when purchasing a new piece of equipment, even if that equipment was $2500.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I totally agree with you Michael! I feel as though there should be sticker or invoice price like cars so we know a ballpark range. But to not have any prices listed anywhere and to throw out numbers and have a $5k-$10k difference isn't cool. I get it they are all sales and need to make the money but same goes on the other end where people have families to support also and shouldn't be ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Does it bother you when someone buys a car $500 cheaper than you did because they negotiated a better deal?

I don't get it. Sales reps have most often gotten a cut of the sale price. That's how they make money. If they selected the lowest price and gave everyone that deal, then they'd make less money. The people selling lasers aren't knocking down six figures a year as sales reps. They are feeding their families with the commission.

Part of running a business is negotiating the best deal for your business. If you aren't willing to do that for your own business, that's not the sales reps fault. This is not unique to lasers. Buy most any capital expense and it's your duty to negoiate the best deal. In almost 35 years in manufacturing, I've never seen an employer that didn't negotiate the deal when purchasing a new piece of equipment, even if that equipment was $2500.
    The reason I had asked for a ball park range was because our local dealer told us the price was not negotiable and it was the lowest he had given in the last 10 years. I find it hard to believe that the first price he gave was the best price. And he isn't willing to budge. Hence my only reason asking for advice and previous experiences on this forum.