Thread: PDF's, text turns to garbage on import

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PDF's, text turns to garbage on import

This is what the PDF looks like in PDF--
    ! good text.jpg

This is what I get when saved then imported into Corel...
    ! bad text.jpg

Been doing this several times a year for 5 years, now all of a sudden, this crap. These have always come in vector format, I just resize the thing, change the font for the numbers and do a little tweaking if necessary. My customer isn't doing anything different. I tried this on another computer in case my new killer workstation here (LOVE this thing) is causing it, but the same garbage comes in. I'm using Corel X4, and FWIW, X3 says 'file corrupted' and won't open it at all.

The gobbledygook text IS text, and I can change the font, but the wrong characters remain...

I'm assuming then it's a PDF thing, and this same garbage text prints on my office printer with some PDF documents, usually tax forms. Just reprinting usually results in good text. But re-importing ain't helpin!

I'm using the newest PDF reader and Win7 to open these, I need to try to open it with an older version, then save it, and see what happens

In the meantime, if there's some stupid setting that needs changing anyone knows about, I'm all ears! Thanks in advance

>edit- kind of an odd thing I just noticed, if I ungroup all, 'select all text', then change the font, the font changes, but the font name in the window goes blank. Doesn't matter what font, it does change, then the font name whites out...

AND, I tried opening the original PDF in an older version then saved that- the import is still garbage...

Last edited by Kev Williams; 08-10-2017 at 12:09 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle