Thread: Dovetail angle of Oneway dovetail jaws?

Dovetail angle of Oneway dovetail jaws?

I just purchased some Oneway smooth dovetail jaws for a #2 chuck. I can't find any info on the dovetail andgle for these jaws. Does anyone know what it is and if anyone makes a scraper cut to that angle? Thanks!

I don't use Oneway chucks, but it would be simple to take two pieces of card stock and transfer the angle to one of the pieces with a pencil line. Then, buy one of the $16 square scrapers from Penn State and grind it to match.

Left click my name for homepage link.

Thank you!

The Vicmark jaws are pretty close to 7 degrees, which is common for hard wood joinery, though they do vary. There are dove tail scrapers as well, and the one I got eons ago matched my chuck jaws perfectly.

You could probably tighten down on some business card stock and cut or trace the angle as well. Just the clamping may leave enough of a mark...

robo hippy

Appreciate the reply Robo Hippie!!!

I asked them and they told me 10%.

Thank you David!

Just as a follow up, I called Oneway today and was told that the Number 2 dovetail jaws are set at 7 degrees.

Thanks again to everyone that took the time to respond to my thread.

I was curious about the same thing and came across your post. But we seem to have two answers now.
    Is it 7 or 10 degrees??