Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KnewConcepts Mk3 vs Mk4

Nice saws George. And I like those handles. Thanks for sharing.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    The saw is so superior to other fret saws I have, it could be yellow with red polka dots and I would not care.
    It would cost more for the cool design

I bought one of the original titanium ones that they offered. I really like it and never use my other saws of similar intent. You don't need the titanium, but you do need this saw. No comment on which version, i just cut dovetails with mine. I did, however replace the handle. I purchased a custom handle from Elkwood tools....

http://www.knewconcepts.com/handles.php

made a huge difference for me.

Blog Entries
    My ability to use a fret saw improved considerably after purchasing a Knew Concepts fret saw.

Before this, my standard practice was to chop out the waste. My old fret saws didn't seem to lend any advantage to sawing out the waste.

BTW, George, those are beautiful saws.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Not trying to derail the thread, but has anyone taken the Blue Spruce saw for a test drive? I thought I had made up my mind to get a Knew Concepts saw and Dave Jeske had to go an muddy the waters with his.

Blog Entries
    I don't make much furniture either, but I have some mesquite on the bench to make the lounge chair that was in Popular Woodworking a while back. I have the paper cord and all of the hardware.
    I think I need to get started. It's difficult to start a project in August when you live in Galveston County, Texas.

I think I will wait until October when it's cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Markunas View Post
    Not trying to derail the thread, but has anyone taken the Blue Spruce saw for a test drive? I thought I had made up my mind to get a Knew Concepts saw and Dave Jeske had to go an muddy the waters with his.
    Malcolm Schweitzer posted in the "$400 tool" thread about that saw. He tried one out at Handworks and really liked it.

And maybe late Oct at that. I am very interested in seeing some photos of the upcoming chair. I went to a Texas heritage museum in San Antonio that has a formal meeting type room (maybe from the original legislators?) with a long boardroom style table and many chairs, all of mesquite. The furniture looks like it will outlast mankind as we know it.
    David