Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flip up TS outfeed table

Quote Originally Posted by Tim M Tuttle View Post
    April Wilkerson made one for her SawStop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g66UhNaxivo
    What April did right is to have the table supported by its own legs and not cantilevered off the saw, where the whole machine could tip over if sufficient weight or force were applied.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

+1 on Jim Becker's table.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

I built an outfeed table the same as April Wilkerson, only i built it 15 years ago! Anyway it worked well, but I found it a pain to put up and down. When I sold that saw it went with it. On my new saw i purchased an HTC roller outfeed table. Yes it was expensive, but i consider it money well spent. If I switched saws again I would go the HTC route again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    The mantra of the Wal-Mart generation . Seriously though, how simple are we talking about here? This looks pretty simple to me and folds up for storage but, my opinion doesn't really matter.

Attachment 364613

I would consider what the outfeed will be catching. Sheetgoods call for a different type of support than lumber. If you're not doing a lot of plywood and particleboard I would scale the outfeed down. This would also make it simpler and probably quicker to make.

Anywhere in my shop that has a flat surface generally has storage underneath. I know building drawers onto a carcass leads away from the "simple, easy, and cheap" model but, it sure is more useful.

Jim Becker made a great folding outfeed way back when . . .
    I used Jim Beckers design and have never had a problem. Solid construction.

Great ideas.

I thought I had researched this before.

Am leaning toward something cantilever off saw-I have the ICS, super heavy. So am not concerned about tipping.

Along w an uneven floor; the ability to move w table deployed, and not to have to adjust the legs would be great.

So, now, the deal is simplifying the support; let me see if I can find the full "folding support" article in Glenn's post in Shop Notes.
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ragan View Post
    Great ideas.

I thought I had researched this before.

Am leaning toward something cantilever off saw-I have the ICS, super heavy. So am not concerned about tipping.

Along w an uneven floor; the ability to move w table deployed, and not to have to adjust the legs would be great.

So, now, the deal is simplifying the support; let me see if I can find the full "folding support" article in Glenn's post in Shop Notes.
    Can't get a support much simpler than this (like a french cleat, just lift the table up to remove the support arm): I suppose you could put a hinge at each end and in the middle so it stays fixed to the saw. I can put my full 175 pounds of weight at the end of the table and it just barely starts to tip my Grizzly 1023.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 07-30-2017 at 12:45 AM.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    Can't get a support much simpler than this (like a french cleat, just lift the table up to remove the support arm): I suppose you could put a hinge at each end and in the middle so it stays fixed to the saw. I can put my full 175 pounds of weight at the end of the table and it just barely starts to tip my Grizzly 1023.
    This is the exact support I had in mind.

Hinges would be cool, but just the ability to take the support out and hang it on the cabinet is simpler.

Right now, am thinking of a horizontal across the two back mobile base wheel coverings-secure that horizontal, to anchor the support arm on.

Have an aversion to drilling holes in things that I might regret later.
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)