Thread: Fruition Berry Farm

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fruition Berry Farm

This sign was done in the spring of.2009. Someone threw a beer bottle at it a year later, which I had no trouble repairing. I had....n't seen it again until last night when we took the grandmonsters raspberry pickin'.
    The owners said it was "in great shape". I decided to take a close look for myself, & true to form, the reds & maroons had faded to pinks & violets.
    So I called them today ( this young couple are possibly my favourite customers ever) & told them that over this winter, they need some touchups, & that there'd be no charge ( they're still under warranty)
    Anyway, I get a message back .... yes, they'll pull them down before the snow flies, & by the way, they need 2 more carved signs.
    So ..... back when I first started, I had no friggin idea how long my signs would last, so I decided to raise my prices by 10% & offer a "no time limit" first refurbishing free of charge. This was likely the best business move I've ever made. Very often, they don't even realize that their sign "needs some love", & also very often, while I'm putting it back up, they purchase another sign. Today's situation is a little different, but similar outcome ..... some winter work .......... always welcomed.
    For the record, I changed my warranty to 5 years back at the end of 2011. No reason other than I don't want to spend my 80's refinishing signs I made in my 60's ...... for free LOL

The "berry" logo is all handcarved, & our design. On Everwood 15lb HDU
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rodger MacMunn; 07-20-2017 at 6:57 PM.