Thread: Unable to post jpg photo on Grizzly Green Monster Group

Unable to post jpg photo on Grizzly Green Monster Group

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to post a jpg picture on the GGMG group community.
    I reduced the resolution of the picture to 300 kb, and then 200 kb (450 x 800) and it didn't make a difference.
    Here are the screens and steps I took:
    1. Go to GGMG, click on "+ Add photos" ...took me to the File upload mgr.
    2. Clicked on Add Files. Chose file from my computer. Clicked on upload. Picture now shows in the bottom section under "attachments"
    3. Click "Done" ...this brought me to a new screen showing my new picture in the "pending" box at the top of the page. Other older photos (from others) are seen below.
    4. There is only one clickable box on the pending photo page and it is labeled "save changes". I clicked on it
    5. I was taken to a blank (white) page. The URL is www.sawmillcreek.org/group/php . At this point, I can leave and come back in an hour and I still have the white page.

I did this with two different computers (both running Windows 7). I am using Google Chrome for my Browser.

?

2. Problems posting pics to the Grizzly Green Monster Group - 2nd call to admins!

Keith/admins......we are having trouble posting any pics to the Grizzly Green Monster Group. This is the largest group on SMC, and threads contain helpful information about Grizzly lathes, and some particulars about certain models. When I tried at the request of Brice Rogers to upload a pic, I chose a fairly small size, and attempted to upload. When I clicked the save button, I got a blank white page that popped up, and nothing happened whatsoever. We used to not have any problems.........could you check into this for the 228 members who use this group to post about related information?
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Blog Entries
    Roger, please note the PM I sent you regarding this problem.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

After having traced through the code with a debugger, and then comparing the code to the previous version, I can confirm that this is a bug introduced by vBulletin in the latest upgrade, and specifically affects pictures posting to Social Groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Keith/admins......we are having trouble posting any pics to the Grizzly Green Monster Group. This is the largest group on SMC, and threads contain helpful information about Grizzly lathes, and some particulars about certain models. When I tried at the request of Brice Rogers to upload a pic, I chose a fairly small size, and attempted to upload. When I clicked the save button, I got a blank white page that popped up, and nothing happened whatsoever. We used to not have any problems.........could you check into this for the 228 members who use this group to post about related information?
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

This is just another problem that we are experiencing from the last two vBulletin updates and why we are planning to move to Xenforo software in the near future. I know that the conversion will be a hassle for awhile but we can't continue dealing with the types of problems that vBulletin updates have caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    This is just another problem that we are experiencing from the last two vBulletin updates and why we are planning to move to Xenforo software in the near future. I know that the conversion will be a hassle for awhile but we can't continue dealing with the types of problems that vBulletin updates have caused.
    Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice Rogers View Post
    Thanks for the response.
    Brice,

Pictures are now are working. vBulletin has officially acknowledged the issue, but have posted a work-around based on my findings. Enjoy!
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator