Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta DJ-20

Thanks for the advice Steve. If it is still available when I can look at it I will check the tables. Jack

Seems as though that is the general concensus, "too high". If still available I will make a lower offer. Jack

Thanks Barry, I will keep it in mind if I make an offer. Jack

In 1990 I paid $1400 for a DJ-20 that was made in Brazil. The normal price was $1500. Mine was on sale. $1500 than is equivalent to about $2750.00 today according to a CPI inflation calculator. $1250 may be a little high but it is not unreasonable if it is in excellent condition. I read on this site and others with individuals who are perfectly satisfied with Grizzly and other tools made in China and Tawain. However, there are an equally number of people who had horrific expierences with Grizzly and other Tawainese/China stuff. Iam a Powermatic fan but an old Powermatic fan. The quality of there products have fallen far in my view since they moved to Tawain. In 1990 I drove to the Grizzly showroom. Granted they were only in business for 7 years but I was unimpressed. I also drove to York and visited the Bridgewood showroom. In my humble opinion there quality control was light years ahead of Grizzly at that time. Grizzly has indeed made tremendous improvements but it still seems like a gamble. Bridgewood is out of business and Grizzly has survived. Go figure. I noticed recently long delivery times for many of there products. Not a good sign for them or the economy. Try to get the seller down a little so both of you are happy. I would part with mine for about the same price in the $1100 to $1200 range. Any tool is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    Machine is fine. Price is way high.
    Agreed...I paid $600 for a Powermatic 8 inch from the gold era in pristine condition...

I had been waiting on a backordered Grizzly jointer for some time when I found a DJ-20 on craigslist with Byrd Shelix cutterhead. $1100 which i feel like was a great deal. If it did not have the helical head installed I likely would have held out for the Grizzly (same setup, $1350 delivered).

I had one. Great machine, but I "stole" it for $300. You can definitely talk him down. Maybe $800?

A lot of the old "Invicta" DJ-20's had the motor mounts installed backwards, causing the pulleys to not be aligned properly (mine was one of them). Just something to check when you get it home. Not hard to fix, provided you've got 3 hands.