Thread: Dust Be Gone #2

Dust Be Gone #2

Starting a new discussion as requested:

Dust Be Gone filters down to 3 microns and is not OSHA or NIOSH approved according to their website

http://www.dustbeegone.com/dustmask.html

At least that's what it looks like to me.

The RZ mask with the F3 filter will filter down to .1 micron

https://rzmask.com/pages/how-to-choose-your-mask
    Last edited by Dave Fritz; 07-12-2017 at 9:42 AM.

I bought the RZ mask and found it interfered with my glasses.

3. I just ordered the RZ mask, as it looked interesting. I own 2 Airshield Pro units, but there are times, when I just want to do a quick sanding job, and do not want to wear the helmet, so I thought I would try one. I got a pack of three F3 filters along with it. Hope I like it!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I have an RZ mask. It works well, and is good, especially with the HEPA filters. Sometimes, though, I get stuffy, and can't breathe well with it on.

I've been using the RZ mask lately and it's ok. But I find that the dust just bypasses around my nose (and probably my beard too). It's still better than nothing.
    I've used the Triton and the Airshield Pro, and found them lacking in one area or another. Not found anything I'm completely happy with yet.

I wish the 3M PAPRs were A) more affordable, B) more readily available so one could try them on, and C) less confusing in their modular approach....
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

HI Jim, Im still looking for a good mask too. My beard keeps getting in the way. I sanded some epoxy last month and I think it caused a case of pneumonia too.