Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This site may not be secure

Secure servers are generally used when financial or sensitive information is being transferred. We have never used secure server software, that will change when we convert to Xenforo. In the meantime you might check your browser configuration to see if you can remove the nagging warnings.

Mozilla is one of the leaders of the "HTTPS everywhere" movement. I've not gotten a nag screen that Pat mentions though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Its very annoying. I appreciate them telling me there might be a problem of course, but when they keep logging me off and then I need to re-login to see pictures, or reply, it gets to be a bit much. I might switch to Chrome
    Pat, go to Options in your Firefox tools tab and select Security and enter an exception for http://Sawmillcreek.org This will not reduce your security at any other site and should take care of your problem.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

At home I get logged off. At work, I have no problems. Running the same (latest version) on both computers. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    People still use Firefox?
    Yes, it beats running IE, and all the spyware it is vulnerable to.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Pat, go to Options in your Firefox tools tab and select Security and enter an exception for http://Sawmillcreek.org This will not reduce your security at any other site and should take care of your problem.
    Good idea - I'll try that tonight. Thanks Lee!