Thread: RDWorks changing cut start location on vectors

RDWorks changing cut start location on vectors

I am looking to change the starting location for a cut that is starting in the end of a curve, but before the corner of a rather straight section. I would like it to just start at the corner but I don't know how to do that. I have only found settings to change the cut in settings (length and angle), not the location. Any ideas? I usually design in illustrator and then import into RDWorks. Attached is a picture of where the cut starts in the simulation.

corner.jpg

Eric -

Sorry that I cannot be more specific but I can get you into the right direction where you can hopefully figure it out yourself. Initiate "show path". Go into node mode. Go to the "Edit" menu. This is where my memory get fuzzy but I believe you click "set cut in point". You now use a sequence of clicks to move the blue line from the old start in node point to the new one you prefer. Hopefully someone with better memory/knowledge will jump in with specific instructions.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fisher View Post
    Eric -

Sorry that I cannot be more specific but I can get you into the right direction where you can hopefully figure it out yourself. Initiate "show path". Go into node mode. Go to the "Edit" menu. This is where my memory get fuzzy but I believe you click "set cut in point". You now use a sequence of clicks to move the blue line from the old start in node point to the new one you prefer. Hopefully someone with better memory/knowledge will jump in with specific instructions.
    Yes, that was the ticket. I had to go into show path mode, select the shape, node edit mode, then in the edit menu set node edit mode, then I just double clicked where I wanted it. Thanks!

>> then in the edit menu set node edit mode,<<

What version of RDWorks? I was trying to refresh my memory on this but don't see a choice labeled like that in my version.

Thanks.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

In my Lasercut program, within the download-to-machine parameters, is choice of "Re-optimal path"-
    By checking it, the options below come up, and they're the defaults...
    spoint.jpg
    --UNCHECKING "Automatically determine the starting point and direction" will then use MY cutting path rather than making up its own...

I have no idea if RDworks has such an option, but if so, try it--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle