Thread: Reliable EFR or Reci 80w Tube Supplier

Reliable EFR or Reci 80w Tube Supplier

Hi, guys!

My 80w tube might finally be going out after a year of almost continuous service (it was the original tube that shipped with the machine). I'm spending the morning doing some troubleshooting to see if there's another issue causing my power dropoff, but I wanted to be prepared in case I do, in fact, need to order a new tube.

I'd love to get opinions on Reci vs. EFR and also recommendations for a good place to order tubes from. I know that LightObject carries Reci. I've used them in the past for 40w tubes and have not been impressed, but if they get good marks for their Reci tubes I'd be willing to give them another chance.

Thanks!

I am all ears (eyes?) on this issue myself. I am in the market for a 100 watt EFR or RECI tube. I have heard many times that there are counterfeit RECI tubes being sold, but I don't know if the same is true (yet) for EFR tubes. I have quotes from both Shandong Laser Source Technology and Shenzen Reliable laser Tech but have no idea how reliable either one is.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Blog Entries
    Give Ray Fine Technology a shout. Blanca has been pretty good about machine and accessory pricing, and I'll sure holler at her when mine fails. yanblanca@yahoo.com. Tell her your from here.....
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

At the risk of hijacking the OP's thread...

I located a vendor (Shenzen Reliable Laser Tech) via Alibaba, got a pretty good quote for an EFR ZS1450 (100 watt) tube (with shipping), and paid via PayPal. As soon as they got the money (like within 5 minutes), they replied:
    There was a problem with the EFR factory,their laser tube are unstable in this days.
    We can't send the problems tube to you,and you do not want a problem tube eighter.
    So,can we send a reci laser tube W4 to you?
    The reci laser tube is better than EFR tube,and W4 is 1450mm length and 80mm diameter just like EFR-ZS1450.
    The reci W4 is more expensive than ZS1450,but you don't need to pay the extra money,we will do it.
    So,do you agree we replace the reci W4 to send to you?
    Look forward to your reply,so that we can arrange the tube to you soon.

Being the suspicious sort (they did not know of this "problem" before I paid, but knew it within minutes?), I asked Dave Sheldrake if he had heard of any problems with EFR tubes. He replied:
    ...there are a LOT of fake Reci's doing the rounds, the way to tell is the number of windings inside the resonator, RECI have 11, the fakes usually have 9. I spoke to EFR earlier in the week and there are no problems there that I have been made aware of.

I wrote back to the vendor on how to detect fake RECI tubes, and said I would prefer what I ordered, the EFR tube. He refunded my money in less than 10 minutes!
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Well if you want a tube quickly Camfive sells them directly on there site - We had to overnight one before and it was a painless process besides the price ($625)
    https://www.camfive.com/usa/index.ph...lt-pro100.html
    3X Camfive 1200 48" x 24" 100watt Tube
    Zcorp 450 3d Printer
    Laguna Smartshop 2 - 4x8 ATC

Longtai, the manufacturer of my laser will sell me a 100W tube for $400, and ship it to Fiji via FedEx for $250 - but no insurance, or DHL for $550 with insurance. However, I just learned (and confirmed) that DHL insurance covers the cost of the goods but NOT the freight cost. If the first tube comes broken and I have to get a 2nd one, with FedEx I pay the $650 all over again and I'm out $1300. If I go with DHL, I pay only once for the tube, but twice for the freight, and I'm out $1500. (sigh)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bonenfant View Post
    Well if you want a tube quickly Camfive sells them directly on there site - We had to overnight one before and it was a painless process besides the price ($625)
    https://www.camfive.com/usa/index.ph...lt-pro100.html
    Robert, in looking at their site, they offer tubes, but all are labeled with their own markings and nowhere can I determine brand or actual manufacturer. For all I know, these may be knockoffs. I'll pass! Btw, their prices are way high in everything on the site. Machines are triple cost of direct import. I'd assume the tubs are too. Hence quality concern. If you are selling EFR or genuine reci tubes why relabel?
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

John,

Im just offering up a idea for a us based company (Imported Machines and tubes). We have been using them for four years now, four machines running two shifts a day. If the OP has a business than a company like this might help - Can get parts in 24 hours. Not being a D*** just dont discredit a company that another user has been using successfully and is trying to offer as a additional supplier. Other US based tube suppliers - Rabbit laser (Ray is a Great Guy), Boss Lasers, only used these three companies so far.
    Last edited by Robert Bonenfant; 07-16-2017 at 2:49 PM.
    3X Camfive 1200 48" x 24" 100watt Tube
    Zcorp 450 3d Printer
    Laguna Smartshop 2 - 4x8 ATC

Blog Entries
    All I'm saying is that sure you are getting a tube in a day, and they've worked for you, and I hope you get great life out if them....but I don't thing Rabbit nor Boss RELABELS tubes. I want to KNOW, as well as I can what I'm buying. and their machine prices are well above Rabbit. Most shown are dual head for some reason, but all of their accessories are way expensive... Sorry, they are an alternative! Maybe a good alternative! My business model would be to sell known tubes from known manufacturers, but hey, I'm just an ignorant user!
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Robert, in looking at their site, they offer tubes, but all are labeled with their own markings and nowhere can I determine brand or actual manufacturer. For all I know, these may be knockoffs. I'll pass! Btw, their prices are way high in everything on the site. Machines are triple cost of direct import. I'd assume the tubs are too. Hence quality concern. If you are selling EFR or genuine reci tubes why relabel?
    Those are the same models as the EFR ZX series they stopped making about 2 years ago, the Zs series are the new one's, I have no idea what make they are but they most certainly are NOT RECI or EFR
    You did what !