Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Color Profiles for Variations in Engraving Powers

Amen to that Gary!

Steve - I just tried the .tsf JobControl file you had no trouble with on your end and it works fine on my end, so you are correct this is some setting within CorelDraw.
    Trotec Speedy 400 Flexx (120W-CO2/20W-Fiber ) w/pass through, rim drive and cone rotary accessories

Finally success with a test engraving.

TestSuccess.jpg

In the engraving above I made a black square, green fill, blue text and a red circle and all are different engraving steps except a final cut step for the red circle. All the colors were separate power and speed settings and it finally worked.

WorkingTest.jpg

Here are the exact steps I went through to get this to work for me. These steps were shared with me by Steve, but for whatever reason or sequence of steps I was trying to go through it continued to escape me and not work properly.

I hope if anyone else has issues these steps provide them guidance towards getting their issue resolved. There are other ways to succeed, but this is what worked for me.

Step 1. Turn off all Color Palettes
    ColorPalettesOff-1.jpg

Step 2. Open or turn on Trotec color palette (This file may be on your Trotec Job Control CD or Steve or I can share with you). This may also work if you enable an RGB only palette, if you have another laser, or if don't have the Trotec color palette available.
    TrotecPalette-2.jpg

Step 3. Enable - Simulate Color Management Off
    ColorManagementOff-3.jpg

Step 4. Save all settings as default
    SaveSettingsAsDefault-4.jpg

Good luck and thanks to everyone, especially Steve for the assistance!!!
    Trotec Speedy 400 Flexx (120W-CO2/20W-Fiber ) w/pass through, rim drive and cone rotary accessories

Here is the logo in CorelDraw and the status bars, I noticed the RGB values at the bottom right this time..

LogoCorelDraw.jpg

Here is how the successful job looked in Job Control
    LogoJobControl.jpg

Here was a successful test run
    LogoSuccess.jpg

Woooo Hooooo! Great news Jeff! Glad you got it going. Years ago, there was a document floating around that showed all the settings for setting up CorelDraw. I can't locate it, but I also remember seeing a few pages in a "what's new" file with one of the JCX releases, maybe around 10.4.

Really happy that it's resolved.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.