Thread: Removing Rustoleum paint from Vinyl Siding.

Removing Rustoleum paint from Vinyl Siding.

I was painting the wrought Iron railings on the porch today, with Black Rustoleum oil base email semi gloss paint; and accidentally got a little bit of the paint on the white Vinyl Siding. Does anyone know what is the best way to remove it ? Thought about just painting over the black with white paint, but not sure if that will make more of a mess.

Would Comet or a little gasoline dipped on a rag work to wipe that Rustoleum off the siding ?

Blog Entries
    You don't want to use gasoline. I would try mineral spirits first and sooner rather than later as it will be harder to remove as it gets older.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I would try some citrus based paint remover.

Well, it took about 20 minutes, but I was able to get about 90 % of it off . It was on the part of the siding that is on the bottom. Narrow strip. Think it's the Soffit ?? Ended up using Comet, Dawn , and the threaded part of a bolt to scrap the paint off. Luckily, no scratch marks were made on the Siding.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martin View Post
    and the threaded part of a bolt to scrap the paint off.
    Now that's a new one. I probably would have chosen something more like a scotch brite pad but glad you got it off.