Thread: Bandsaw Wizard

Bandsaw Wizard

I visited a friends shop yesterday to do some learning. He had one of these on his bandsaw. Turns out it is manufactured by a custom high end cabinet shop in a nearby town. I was very surprised at what he could do with this jig. It's fantastic and worth a look.
    http://wizardjigs.com/

Bill in Santa Rosa,CA
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 06-30-2017 at 6:45 PM.

I saw one of these demonstrated at SWAT last summer. The "Wave" bowls John Beaver makes with this jig are impressive. He showed a tutorial or sketch on how to build one. I was unaware that they were commercially available. This has been on my "to do" list since then, but like a whole lot of other thing on the list I haven't gotten around to it. I need to make one of those roundtoits and hang it in a prominet place in my shop!

I also saw John Beaver's demo at SWAT but don't have the motivation to build my own jig.

Thank you Bill for letting us know a commercially produced option is available

Since a moderator removed the link, and if you are also interested...hit up Google and search for "Bandsaw wizard jig" - it should be the first link in search results.

I sure like his concept but it seems pretty expensive for some BB plywood and t-track. Even his clamps are home made. I think I'd rather build my own.
    Fred

+1 as Fred said