Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kundig Uniq Sander Disaster

I avoid common carriers when shipping or receiving machines. There are brokers who specialize in arranging one truck shipments with air ride trailers and it is not much more than common carrier especially if you are in a populated area. The shipment stays on one truck from loading till it gets to you. They will have other items they are dropping of and picking up on the way.

Martin ships all their machines this way and HolzHer shipped my wide belt this way. Transit time and pickup can vary depending on location and you do need a forklift to load or unload. With this method machines do not need to be fully crated. On a pallet and shrink wrapped is all.

I agree with Joe.
    My martin was shipped via a brokered air-ride, open sided truck.
    My Phase Perfect was shipped on FedEx.
    IMG_7377.jpgIMG_7373.jpgIMG_7397.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did you get this resolved? I know of a lightly used Felder edge sander that is available. I believe it's listed here in the classifieds. I just bought his planer that he had listed. It's in upstate New York.

yes, resolved, he posted a few posts back

If someone did this to me, I think I would offer to connect them up with the local company that packages and ships things. They really don't charge much more than the shipping to do the packaging right. Sounds like it would have been worth it for them, since Fedex did more damage to it. I wouldn't be interested in providing any labor for them

There is an Italian company called Volpato ? That also makes a good looking edge sander with Veneer sanding .. Langzauner makes an amazing machine but I think its over $25K ..

http://www.volpatolasm.com/pdf/lbk150st1.pdf

I have no idea but would guess the Volpato is more money as well.. its pretty much got everything plus the kitchen sink .. 1640 lbs.. no lightweight ..

Bringing back this thread for an update on Holzer and their customer service. I too bought a new Kundig Uniq an I opted for the grooved infeed fence. When it arrived the dust collection shroud for the infeed fence was overlapping the grooved portion of the fence making it unusable as intended. I email Holzer about it and within a week they had a service tech drive over from Ft Worth to Shreveport to modify the shroud to accommodate the grooved fence. No questions asked they just scheduled the appointment the day after I sent them an email about the situation. Speaking with the tech (Mark) I was informed they had hired a new service/customer relations manager (Simon) so perhaps they realized they had a problem and fixed it. No issues buying from them again.
    Dave Davies

Great to hear! I love the Kundig... Only thing I wish they would have used a more standard sleeve for the spindle sanding option...

glad to hear this all worked out. when mine arrived, i was blown away by the quality of the packaging - the pallet was one of the nicest i've ever seen, i think i kept it. the machine was pristine when unpacked, despite a long journey. the kundig certainly is a nice machine, i just wish it used standard belt sizes.

Unhappy

Wonder if the original unit had been on display at a trade show, would explain the mismatched pallet and stretch film.
    Last edited by Peter Kelly; 01-23-2020 at 10:20 AM.

I know technician Mark. Lives in San Antonio if we're talking about the same person. Was visiting a shop in my area and there was a bright orange Mini Cooper parked in front, which is an unusual vehicle to see at a cabinet shop (99% trucks). My wife has the exact same make and color, so I struck up a conversation and we ended up talking for almost an hour. Super cool guy.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Erik,
    In fact, I believe he said he lives in San Antonio. Former cabinet shop worker before being hired by Holzer. Yes, he's a really nice guy and his solution to fix the sander was much better than what I envisioned.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David Zaret View Post
    glad to hear this all worked out. when mine arrived, i was blown away by the quality of the packaging - the pallet was one of the nicest i've ever seen, i think i kept it. the machine was pristine when unpacked, despite a long journey. the kundig certainly is a nice machine,

i just wish it used standard belt sizes.
    If you are referring to sanding belts, Klingspor can make them for you. May even stock them.