Thread: 50w ebay laser will not fire

50w ebay laser will not fire

HI All,
    I have the big blue 50w Chinese laser engraver. It has worked just fine for a year. Today the laser suddenly stopped firing halfway through a program run. Everything seems to work fine except for no laser fire. The water flow sensor is fine. The fan on the power supply is turning but I have not checked the output yet (not quite sure how to do it safely) and I have not checked the fuse assuming the fan would not work if the fuse is blown. I have checked and tightened every connection I can find to check and tighten. I am looking for suggestions on what to check next. Knowing I would need to replace the laser tube and the power supply sooner than later when I bought it; I am prepared to do that but wanted to make sure I am not missing something simple and in fact if replacing those components would solve my problem.

Thanks for your help!

Do you have a mA meter on the machine? If it dropped while cutting, it is likely the power supply.

Have seen many posts like this over the years and it came down to the door safety interlock switch magnet falling off hence no Beam....
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Yes like Al said check the safety switches on the cover .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander