Thread: SMC new format

SMC new format

How is this new format working for you. I sure would like to go back to the old format.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Von,
    I'm not aware of a "new format" for SMC. I'm seeing the same things that's been there for a while now. Is there something that I'm just missing?
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I dont see a new format either?

Mobile style?

I saw a "new" layout once when my browser somehow switched itself to the Mobile style. Took me by surprise and took me a while to figure out what had happened and how to put it back.

JKJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I saw a "new" layout once when my browser somehow switched itself to the Mobile style. Took me by surprise and took me a while to figure out what had happened and how to put it back.

JKJ
    Same here and I do not like it. I like how my computer works and do not want it to start working like a mobile device. Hopefully next time I will figure out how I got it back.

I think a closed and reopened the window a few times.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

There is no new format, but perhaps your "view" preference got toggled during some recent maintenance. You should check your personal settings accordingly.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    There is no new format, but perhaps your "view" preference got toggled during some recent maintenance. You should check your personal settings accordingly.

Jim
    Forum Moderator
    Thanks everybody.... I'll see what I can find.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post

Jim
    Forum Moderator
    It happened to me by just clicking on a link to another SMC page.

One of my open SMC windows was the normal window and the other was likely a mobile device window.

I will try to see if it can determine if an errant keystroke occurred and maybe post images of the pages.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    And I am getting tired of having to click on the "mark forums read" toggle. I liked it better when it was automatic. Now it seems erratic.
    NOW you tell me...

Blog Entries
    I am not seeing any of this on Window 10 and Firefox. Maybe it is OS or browser specific?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Glenn,

I'm not sure that we will ever find out why some people are having problems and some aren't. I have tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari on my iMac and haven't found a problem yet. Lots of people are reporting issues based on a wide variety of operating systems and browsers and some with the same configuration are not having problems. Go Figure.

FWIW we are evaluating a new forum software package right now and hope to be able to convert SawMill Creek to a better platform that has less issues that we must tolerate with every update. There have been problems on the backside of our software as well as the front end that you are accustomed to using. After fourteen years its going to be tough to accept the changes but its necessary if we are going to be able to continue.

Look for an announcement from me in the near future, after we have completed our software testing.