Thread: Trouble Accessing Threads with Forum Runner on Android

Trouble Accessing Threads with Forum Runner on Android

I use Forum Runner on my Android phone to access SMC. I can get into the forum ok, I can bring up the list of topics ok, but when I try to open a specific thread I get the following message:

Error

The remote server sent an unknown response. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated or having a conflict.

Any one else experiencing this issue. Forum Runner on my phone is up to date. I did get an update on the phone software yesterday but I do not remember if I tried to access SMC after the update.

Thanks
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Bump

What are others using to access the forum on an Android phone/ device?? I am still having this issue.

Administrator can you help??

Thanks
    George

George,

We can't help you with your problem at this point but we do have a plan to make this issue go away. We will be converting to another forum software soon that provides plenty of support for mobile access. Until the software change is completed please be patient with us, we are trying our best to learn to manage the new forum software and adjust its configuration.

I have the exact same issue. Using a Google pixel.

Thanks for the reply Keith. I was hoping it was something with the new release of vBulletin.

Good to know you are having the same issue chance.

Again thanks to both of you for your reply.
    George

vBulletin has never been "mobile" friendly. The new environment that Keith and Aaron are moving us to is mobile friendly natively, which means you don't even need to use third party applications to access with full functionality from your phone or tablet.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

Any status updates on this move to a more mobile-friendly environment, or did I just overlook the info in another post? I just tried uninstalling and then installing ForumRunning thinking it might help to force an update, but that software doesn't appear to have ever been updated, at least since 2012.

Keith has indicated previously that it's a timing thing; both for the release of the target version of Xenforo and for Aaron to be done teaching for the semester. Hopefully, that means "real soon now". I'm not familiar with ForumRunner, but most folks who use a third party utility for vBulletin forum sites use Tap-A-Talk, as far as I know.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Try Firefox beta for Android. It is fast and trouble free. I've been using it on my tablet for a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I'm not familiar with ForumRunner, but most folks who use a third party utility for vBulletin forum sites use Tap-A-Talk, as far as I know.
    Forum runner is pretty much dead. TaT more or less took over, and not just with popularity. They have been buying vBullitin servers, and forcing us through those, one BB at a time.
    There are also security concerns as TaT can see everything. IDs, PWs, etc.
    It's good that this is being moved to an all-in-one platform.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    For Android phones or tablets use the Firefox Beta version for Android. I have been using it for several months and have no problem viewing sawmillcreek and other forums. It works very well and is fast.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute