Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Felder vs AL-KO DC

I have a felder 160 and have played with the ALKO at the AWFS shows. IMO the Alko are a superior machine .. I would buy an Alko today over a Felder or a cyclone..

2. I recently installed a Felder RL 350 in my shop. Its very powerful I have 8 machines hooked up to it and haven't even needed to close blast gates. The only issues I have had were material clogging in the back filters and the noise from machine. I asked Felder about the clogging issue and they asked me about my piping. The intake is a 14" pipe and Felder states in the instructions that the last few feet need to be flex hose to cause air turbulence to the shavings don't just fire right into the back wall of the machine. I just ran spiral duct directly in. I will make the suggested changes and report back

I just looked at the fan curve for the RL 350. If my conversions are correct, it gives you more than 5000 cfm and max suction of 18" water. Yes, you can run with multiple gates open. It would probably suck me thru the pipe.

Sweet. 5000cfm and 14"!!!!

Getting me excited to run my new dc to tools!!! Hoping with my 12" inlet to the cyclone i dont see any clogs.

My dust bin sensor alert parts arrived too.

Quote Originally Posted by Livingston Johnston View Post
    I recently installed a Felder RL 350 in my shop. Its very powerful I have 8 machines hooked up to it and haven't even needed to close blast gates. The only issues I have had were material clogging in the back filters and the noise from machine. I asked Felder about the clogging issue and they asked me about my piping. The intake is a 14" pipe and Felder states in the instructions that the last few feet need to be flex hose to cause air turbulence to the shavings don't just fire right into the back wall of the machine. I just ran spiral duct directly in. I will make the suggested changes and report back
    It s any dust around DC ?)
    FELDER- Guy
    www.elegancecustomcabinetry.com