Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Felder vs AL-KO DC

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    I don't know the flow figures of the ALKO but I bet a CV Max would do the same job and it will go under a 9 foot ceiling no problems at all. The sound proofing on my CV1800 allows me to run it at night so it is not noisy in itself but nothing can be done about the noise from the air flowing through the machines. A CV Max running at 65hz via a VFD flows a huge amount of air, more than any single duct can supply from the machines we as hobbyists use and that is the important part. Our machines as a rule do not flow enough air to supply a DE that can pull any more air than the machine can supply. I used to advise customers to have an overhead inlet permanently open to scrub the air while working with machines because the Max will easily support two ducts and at 65hz three is possible. You could put two Maxes in and have change from one ALKO machine for that matter.
    I have an Oneida cyclone at the moment. It does an ok job, but I do get fine dust. I looked at the Clear View web site. These look like plastic knock off's of Oneida's machines. How is it possible that a plastic cyclone is quieter? You mention sound proofing... Are you putting it in a room?

Again, I have had cyclones and 55gal drums, looking at video's of people with Felder / ALKO machines a simple lowering of a handle and roll out a double bin of dust seems very easy to manage. Add in auto cleaning of the filters, 72db noise and it seems like a winner for DC where shops can afford it.

I was getting fine dust in my cyclone storeroom, so took tape and sealed every seam in my piping. Every elbow, everything, and put foam tape around the filter where the bag attaches. Much less dust now. Around the top of the barrel where the lid attaches, and use spring clamps to hold the lid down.

What duct work are you going to use? Dont short change there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    What duct work are you going to use? Dont short change there.
    I currently have 7" 24 guage galv steel pipe. At each machine, I have a 7" wye connection on top of each machine and then bring the steel pipe to 5" gate and flex the rest of the way. We have taped all the seams with alum tape.

I wish I had purchased the quick connect stuff (Nordfab) early on, but it would be a hell of a job to replace it all now.

I used aluminum tape as well .. It fails on me after a while, I am buying a gallon of duct sealer and going to start painting it on as I remove the tape.

I have 6" Spiral pipe.. I wish I had gone Norfab too.

When you look at the numbers that Joe posted, the ALKO 250 really appears to be the top machine .. Amazing differences ..

The thing that I remembered most was that the impeller was on the Euro suckers was on the far side of the filter instead of in front of it. It seemed you wouldn't have to be as careful of what you sent through.

I had a look at a local guy who has an ALKO 300. It is better than the Felder. If money is not an issue go get the Alko.

there are actually a few other manufacturers that makes similar unit to Alko and Felder, namely Nestro and a few others.

I don't see the huge difference between Alko 300 vs Felder 300. I'm shooting for Felder300.

There are posts oveer on the Felder Owners Group about the two and numbers are posted relative to cfm. The larger units with self cleaning are fairly similar. I think Alko is a tad higher end. Dave

I wish if anybody have AL-ko DC and Review. Even I can't find the review with Felder DC. But I get Alko is better to build and the price 5k more. Im not huge production .Just 2 people of 3,500 sq.f
    FELDER- Guy
    www.elegancecustomcabinetry.com

I have the Alko 200 unit. I did extensive evaluations of Felder's 160/200/250 unit and the Alko units. I went to AWFS and saw them both.

Please check out the chart someone posted on the differences in the efficiency of the units. The Alko 200 is better than the Felder 250, so when you compare price to price do not compare the Alko to an equal unit of Felder.

The unit is quiet! I originally had a Oneida cyclone and that unit was loud, and still had dust everywhere around the filters. Moving to the Alko, I can stand right next to the machine and hold a conversation. It exhausts air out the top.

The unit auto cleans itself when it detects a pressure drop / time on and you can also schedule it manually. Honestly, read quite a few issues with the filter cleaning of the Felder units... The Alko's use a Puff of compressed air to blow the tubes clear. It is not loud and happens every so often. I also usually clear the filters at the end of a day making a lot of dust from the belt sander.

The bins are easy to insert and remove.

The unit is painted vs galvanized look of the Felder.

When I decided to get the Alko, I upgraded all my pipe to Nordfab 8" with 6" drops to the machines. I run 2 machines at a time without issue. I did purchase 6" alum automatic blast gates from IVac and they are all hooked up to my machines. Turn on device, DC starts up, turn off device and DC turns off about a min later to give time to clear all dust.

I also have wireless manual remotes as well to use if I need.

Overall, I am totally happy with the Alko 200 unit and am glad I did not spring for the Felder 250 model.

If you need anything more just ask.

I have a rl 125 innmy oersonal shop and generally hate it by comparison to a Oneida and coral unit at work.

The filter on the Felder units is a nightmare!

Why should i concern about the noise if its wood shop. My main concern it s enof CFM and no hassle to clean up filters. I can't make the mind.
    What do you personally using for DC ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jensen View Post
    Coincidentally I prepared this table tonight for Rick The Al-Ko and Felder are rated at max CFM and Nominal and nominal also has a stated static pressure. What that means is with that much resistance to airflow in your duct, filter, and machine port, you will get that CFM. We modeled Rick's planer last night with Bill Pentz's spreadsheet and there is about 8-8.5 in w.g. of static pressure (resistance to flow). So you can get a close estimate of how much CFM each machine would pull because they are rated at about that static pressure.

Oneida has a popper fan curve on their website. At 8.4 in w.g. of static pressure the Oneida Smart 5HP High Vacuum collector will move 1500 cfm. At 10" it will move about 1300 cfm. The Oneida is a lot cheaper than the Euro units but it's also 85 db versus 72-75 for the Euro units.
    FELDER- Guy

How often do you have to change the filters and how expensive they are Al-ko filters?
    I'm consider Felder 300 or Al-ko 300 ...
    I see Felder 300 its all the same as CFM and auto cleaning filters. so it s no dust around DC at all ?
    Ty for your response.
    FELDER- Guy