Thread: Nova Voyager Drill Press Questions

Nova Voyager Drill Press Questions

Couple of questions for those others with the Voyager Drill Press.

Have you tried the thread tapping setting/process?

Have you tried the new firmware that came out in April? Looks like they changed a lot. I just wish it wasn't windows only.
    http://www.teknatool.com/product/nov...mware-upgrade/
    https://teknatool.freshdesk.com/solu...irmware-update

I've been trying to upgrade the firmware but have had nothing but issues. Their software to upgrade the firmware has dll issues and won't start. Their support has been very responsive and friendly but have not come up with a solution yet.

I've tried it on different flavors of Windows 10 and windows 8.1 VM's.

I'll update if/when I get it working.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Lesher View Post
    I've been trying to upgrade the firmware but have had nothing but issues. Their software to upgrade the firmware has dll issues and won't start. Their support has been very responsive and friendly but have not come up with a solution yet.

I've tried it on different flavors of Windows 10 and windows 8.1 VM's.

I'll update if/when I get it working.
    You have to plug it into a computer to update the firmware? They didnt just put a USB port on the thing so a thumb drive with the firmware on it could be inserted?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Lesher View Post
    Their software to upgrade the firmware has dll issues and won't start.
    Patrick, if the DLL you are refering to is mfc1200.dll, then you need the 32-bit (x86) version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (even if you're running on a 64-bit system). That took me a while to figure out, but it finally worked. I'm using Windows 8 under VMware Fusion.

I finally got the firmware updated. I did try installing the Redistributable package and even tried a brand new clean Win 8 VM but nothing worked.

Through my helpdesk ticket they added a new installed to the firmware bundle that installs the dll's if you don't have them already. Once I ran that it went really easy. You do have to set the drill press to update firmware mode and then it will talk to your computer, or VM in my case.

I apologize to those above that added to the thread. For some reason I wasn't getting notifications.

I tried everything to update the firmware and was unable to do it. I did get the software installed on a computer and then I could not get the drill press into upgrade mode. I talked to support several times. Finally, I sent the board to them and they upgraded it and sent it back very quickly. They did everything possible to get mine upgraded.

They realize there are issues with the upgrade process and are working to get it better.

I was really upset with the upgrade problems but extremely happy with everything they did to get it fixed.

The drill press is well made and works extremely well. I really like the ability to change speeds with a twist of a knob and the electronic depth control is really nice.