Thread: How to router vertical corners

How to router vertical corners

I have a 4 1/2" base on a pedestal desk with mitered corners and I would like to use a bullnose router bit on the corners. I've searched for a router jig, but no luck. The pedestals are huge, but they come apart from the 6'6" x 4' desk. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ron

That description doesn't make sense to me. Bullnose on corners? Do you maybe mean quarter-round on corners?

A sketch would help.

Ron-- It's not clear what you mean by a vertical bullnose. Are you trying to produce a cut like this:?

Bullnose 5-14-17.jpg

This is exactly what I would like to do. I've attached a picture of the carcass, currently it's upside down so I can install the walnut base. It's modeled after the Resolute desk. I have fluted walnut to go on the fore ground 45 deg corners. The other two corner I would like to do something other than a straight 90, which will probably get chipped anyway
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Ok. Not a round-over, but a beading bit. Here is one source: Infinity

beading bit 5-15-17.jpg

The cut is made in two passes--from two adjoining faces. Router table would be useful, but CAN be done freehand using the bearing as a guide. Use a backer--or oversized stock--to prevent blow-out.

Beaded corner [1] 5-15-17.jpgBeaded corner [2] 5-15-17.jpgBeaded corner [3] 5-15-17.jpgBeaded corner [4] 5-15-17.jpg

Thank you!!!