Thread: Use Flexzilla Hose With HVLP?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Use Flexzilla Hose With HVLP?

I have a Fuji Q5 HVLP turbine. I love the unit and sprayer, except for the hose, which is very stiff, heavy and has a terrible odor that has not gone away in over a year. I've heard great things about Flexzilla hose, folks are using them with compressors. Anyone know if it can be used with an HVLP turbine?

Thanks,

Len

Quote Originally Posted by Len Rosenberg View Post
    I have a Fuji Q5 HVLP turbine. I love the unit and sprayer, except for the hose, which is very stiff, heavy and has a terrible odor that has not gone away in over a year. I've heard great things about Flexzilla hose, folks are using them with compressors. Anyone know if it can be used with an HVLP turbine?

Thanks,

Len
    If they have something with similar internal diameter, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

You'd have to be able to match the diameters and connections to the OEM HPLV turbine hose which is very different than non-Turbine air systems.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Think you'll find the two hoses are entirely different as Jim indicates. Have you tried the whip hose accessory that Fuji sells? Makes the unit much easier to manage

The hoses are different? I'm currently running a Fuji gun on an Accuspray turbine, and the hose connecting them is essentially a garden water hose. The end fittings are exactly garden water hose fittings. I've never heard of Flexilla before, but the web site shows a water hose that sure looks like it would hook up to my rig. I have no idea whether it would be a better hose than my OEM hose, but it would fit.

Thought the OP was talking about a Flexzilla air pressure hose - didn't know they make water hose

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    The hoses are different? I'm currently running a Fuji gun on an Accuspray turbine, and the hose connecting them is essentially a garden water hose. The end fittings are exactly garden water hose fittings. I've never heard of Flexilla before, but the web site shows a water hose that sure looks like it would hook up to my rig. I have no idea whether it would be a better hose than my OEM hose, but it would fit.
    Jamie
    No reason it wouldn't work.
    If it's the same Flexible hose I have, it will definitely hold up to the pressure. I use a Flexilla Garden hose to extend my air compressor hose to mitigate pressure and flow drops.
    It was definitely cheaper than 3/4" air hose.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Giddings View Post
    Think you'll find the two hoses are entirely different as Jim indicates. Have you tried the whip hose accessory that Fuji sells? Makes the unit much easier to manage
    Yes, I have the whip hose, it helps but the hose that comes with the unit is awful. Eventually I will try a flexzilla hose and see how it goes.

Bumping this older thread - I picked up a Flexilla 10 foot garden hose (model HFZG510YW) to replace my Fuji whip hose which has been taped many times - very glad I did. It fit perfectly, is light weight and seems indestructible. Would definitely recommend this in lieu of the Fuji whip.

I was going to say, we ran a Fuji Q3 for a while til it self destructed and the hose is just a garden hose lol. The most cumbersome hose on the planet to tote around. When our Q3 sent parts scattering all over the floor one day while it started growling and carrying on (sounded like a bearing failure) I sawed the Fuji garden hose quick disconnect nipple off the end of the gun, machined down a 3/8" Industrial coupler nipple to a snug fit, and epoxied it into the end of the gun. Feeding the gun with about 35psi it runs fine for seal coats and odd ball stuff and is heaven to use as compared to the monster garden hose. Made a similar mod to run the gun on a gallon paint pot. Its no CA gun but its a lot more unwildy without a cup and garden hose.

Josh,

Did you cut the flexila hose and use the fittings from your Fuji whip? I really like the finish I get with my Fuji but the hoses are horrible!!

Thanks
    Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Molaver View Post
    Bumping this older thread - I picked up a Flexilla 10 foot garden hose (model HFZG510YW) to replace my Fuji whip hose which has been taped many times - very glad I did. It fit perfectly, is light weight and seems indestructible. Would definitely recommend this in lieu of the Fuji whip.

Jack - I just unscrewed the quick disconnect from the Fuji whip and installed it on the Flexzilla; it's just a garden hose thread so it was simple. No cutting required.

Sweet! Thanks Josh!!

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Molaver View Post
    Jack - I just unscrewed the quick disconnect from the Fuji whip and installed it on the Flexzilla; it's just a garden hose thread so it was simple. No cutting required.