Thread: Should I buy a CT Midi for $350???

Should I buy a CT Midi for $350???

Is this a good deal that I should jump on? Let me know if so, I've been wanting a festool vac for a while.

thanks!
    Last edited by Samuel Green; 05-11-2017 at 2:20 AM.

I'm guessing for that price you're buying out of the back of a van somewhere. It won't have the 30 day return policy and likely it won't have a warranty. If you suspect there is something fishy I wouldn't buy it on principle alone. On the other hand, for a Festool vacuum it is a good unit and reasonably portable (which I was reminded about while lugging my CT26 up stairs the other day). I'm sure there are lots of threads on the pros and cons of the various Festool vacuum sizes if you dig deep in the forum.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

Is this a Craigslist item? There are new tools being offered there at unrealistic prices and they are scams. In the USA all Festool products are sold at identical pricing from all dealers so if you are seeing a "new" Midi offered for sale at that price it is a scam to take your money.
    Is this a used Midi? If if nice condition it is a good price as a new one is $560 I believe. I love my Midi.
    Be sure it includes the green anti-static hose.
    Last edited by Peter Kuhlman; 05-11-2017 at 8:24 AM.

It sounds like a good price to me.

I had a MIDI however it was recalled by Festool and replaced by a CT26, which I hate.

I'm thinking of selling it and buying a Midi again...........Rodd.

It is used but the seller said it was only used for house cleaning. I'm going to look at it on Saturday. Ill let you guys know!

Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kuhlman View Post
    Is this a Craigslist item? There are new tools being offered there at unrealistic prices and they are scams. In the USA all Festool products are sold at identical pricing from all dealers so if you are seeing a "new" Midi offered for sale at that price it is a scam to take your money.
    Is this a used Midi? If if nice condition it is a good price as a new one is $560 I believe. I love my Midi.
    Be sure it includes the green anti-static hose.

It's a good deal, for sure.

Are you looking for a Midi for a particular reason? I have a Mini, and I don't love it. If I were a contractor who really benefited from the Systainer integration, it would be great, but as a general-purpose vac, I don't think it's a very good value.

I'm actually thinking of selling my Mini and getting one of these:
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-14...1450/100081216

For $100, plus ~$50 for a HEPA filter and tool-trigger device, it's tough to argue that the Festool vac is a better vacuum (again, unless you really want the "integrated system" solution)

Rod,

Do you mind saying why you hate the CT26? I was just thinking of buying one.

I wasnt looking at the Midi for any particular reason. I just wanted a festool vac because of how quiet they are and how it's possible to adjust the suction. I saw this and it seemed like a good deal but I wanted to get some opinions from more experienced festool users.

Thanks!

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Friedrichs View Post
    It's a good deal, for sure.

Are you looking for a Midi for a particular reason? I have a Mini, and I don't love it. If I were a contractor who really benefited from the Systainer integration, it would be great, but as a general-purpose vac, I don't think it's a very good value.

I'm actually thinking of selling my Mini and getting one of these:
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-14...1450/100081216

For $100, plus ~$50 for a HEPA filter and tool-trigger device, it's tough to argue that the Festool vac is a better vacuum (again, unless you really want the "integrated system" solution)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Weber View Post
    Rod,

Do you mind saying why you hate the CT26? I was just thinking of buying one.
    Keith it is a great vacuum, the difference between the sizes is just bag size, and weight.

I only wanted the vacuum for sanding, and vacuuming, not dust collection. The Midi is far lighter to carry up and down the stairs than the CT26.

The 26 is a great machine, we have standardized on it as the shop vacuum at work................Regards, Rod.

Good price. I sold a (lightly) used mini here last summer for $450.

And wish I'd kept it now too...