Thread: That fateful day came and went!

That fateful day came and went!

Hi All,
    Well, a much worried ‘bout day arrived this past week! - the tube for my Epilog 35w finally went kaput! - ‘though after, what I consider, an incredible ten years, or so, of steady use! Always figured it would happen in the midst of an urgent project; it didn’t! - ‘stead, caught me with down-time to spare! The upgrade replacement cost, including $230 for Next Day/Air was, actually, not as much as I had feared all this time - my sense of relief with being able to start over fresh, now, without that worry .. PRICELESS!
    Fortunately, an electrician friend of mine handled the job; I would’ve been at a loss, for sure! His installing the new “tube” - realigning the lens ‘n mirrors! (suppose I owe him big-time, uh?)- I was once quoted by someone $300 just for cleaning my machine. Oh! and BTW, I can’t say enough good things ‘bout the help ‘n support from those Epilog techs! - their patience ‘n understanding - what an incredible company! Looks like I’m up ‘n running again! - guess my message, if there is one ... Don't worry 'bout things! Wondering: What's your biggest worry?

Bill
    (Using Epilog 35W Mini 24)

My biggest worry? Right now, the $$ value of what's in my house that I'm currently engraving- 40 Kimber 1911 handguns (they belong to an Air Force squadron, $1400 each out of their own pockets), 25 aluminum cases that are engraved on all 6 sides ($3300 each to the end customer), 40 Ebby Rane suitcases engraved in 2 places on leather straps ($995 each) and 40 Knox backpacks also engraved 2 places on leather- ($365 each)...

-screwing up is not an option... and I kinda worry about that!

As for my machinery, I'll just knock on my head and leave it at that!
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 05-07-2017 at 3:32 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Doesn't look like your gonna get much BOAT work done this weekend does it Kev?
    I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    My biggest worry? Right now, the $$ value of what's in my house that I'm currently engraving-- 40 Kimber 1911 handguns (they belong to an Air Force squadron, $1400 each out of their own pockets), 25 aluminum cases that are engraved on all 6 sides ($3300 each to the end customer), 40 Ebby Rane suitcases engraved in 2 places on leather straps ($995 each) and 40 Knox backpacks also engraved 2 places on leather- ($365 each)...

-screwing up is not an option... and I kinda worry about that!

As for my machinery, I'll just knock on my head and leave it at that!
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Interesting, my 80W iridion tube also went kaput this week on my speedy 300. No slow drain of power over time, just went to absolutely zero power on thursday, after a normal day of use on wednesday.
    The tube was one month out of warranty, but trotec is going to cover the new tube under the warranty . Grateful. Should have new tube by monday, so this will be my first reinstall of a tube, with alignment and all that goes with it. Fingers crossed.

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i