Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabinet Install with a laser level question, please

Can't do plumb with a water level.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Ludwig View Post
    Because I'm extremely cheap and want to save the batteries and I'm comfortable using the levels. Seriously. Sometimes I'm ridiculous - okay okay - pretty much all the time.

thanks for the explanation Justin and "all" of the responses (Sam, Jerome, Loe and the others above) I greatly appreciate it fellas

I've use the water level clear tube method before, but these levels have REALLY come down to an affordable price range for a guy who isn't installing cabinets every day. I remember when they were WAY out of the ballpark, but for the price, it'll surely speed things up when I need one. I bought the DW088, but the other suggestions would have been fine too.

Thank you,

David
    Life is a gift, not a guarantee.

I have a basic Bosch model and it is amazing. I have used it to relevel the tops of base cabinets for counter install (long story, don't ask!), tile installation , book shelves, a bathroom vanity, and several other projects. Mine has a clamp mount that I use to attach it to a chair, door, ladder, it other stationary object... no tripod needed. I highly recommend one and it will pay for itself with the time it saves.

Dan

Blog Entries
    A laser will keep the GC's off you...

Quote Originally Posted by David Cramer View Post
    Hello

I've installed over a dozen cabinets in the last year with no issues, but I'm wondering if the laser levels are worth it and how the heck do they work? Is the a bubble level that you eye, and then lock it and turn on the laser? I've always used an 8 foot level and more than once, the old water in a clear tube method. I saw a DeWalt a 0988 and 0987 model and am having trouble figuring out which one I'd be happy with for the occasional install. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

David

p.s. It's not my number one trade, but I've been installing them for a while now, when asked on the job site, and have never had an issue. Just curious about the laser benefits.
    Laser levels are away by far precious and costly, but if you addicted to the traditional water types, there is no real point to buy one I guess.
    Here a few articles which could extend your knowledge about modern laser levels with some technical specifications included: http://www.toptenreviews.com/home/to...r-line-levels/ , https://wisepick.org/best-rotary-laser-level/ , https://www.thespruce.com/best-laser-levels-4150481

Cheers,
    Adam