Thread: Epilog Helix print from AutoCAD Issues

Epilog Helix print from AutoCAD Issues

I have looked at posts, Googled all over the place, and have still not found a solution that works. I teach a High School Architecture class that I want to be able to take the student's designs, cut them out on the laser, and let them build their models. We have an Epilog Helix 60W 18"x24" laser. All of my assignments are in AutoCAD and I would like to just hit print straight from there. I know it can be done because in my previous job at another school we printed to an Epilog straight from AutoCAD. We have tried saving the file to open in CorelDraw but the drawings always mess up in the transfer.

Here is what I am running into...

We have successfully told the printer to print both Raster and Vector inside the same job using the color mapping option in the print driver as well as setting pen tool widths, etc... We have not figured out how to keep the print job from auto rotating though. Instead of printing 24" wide and 18" tall, it will rotate the design 90 degrees and shrink to fit.

I have tried multiple solutions that I have found online but nothing fixes the issue.

I can post screen shots of everything I see but I don't know what you would need if you can help. Any and all help is appreciated!

I can be of some help but its been a long time since I set up a print driver for any drawing in ACAD. Is the scale correct from the drawing to the printer or plotter size? There should also be a Auto Rotate and Shrink to fit, uncheck that. If the scale is not correct at least on paper anyway you can see what happens, with the Laser.... not sure. Make sure the laser is the default printer, sometimes you think it is, but it will try to print to your standard Network Printer.
    I Am Not an expert.... YMMV
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

We cut designs from ACAD frequently. Printing directly to our Helix is problematic. We import our dwgs into Corel . No color mapping needed. Hairline=Vector, everything else is raster.
    Epilog Lasers