Thread: Powermatic Model 15

Powermatic Model 15

Over the weekend I picked up a PM Model 15 with a byrd head installed.

Does anyone know where I can download a manual for it or regular maintenance steps? I searched for the manual but wasn't able to find one for the Model 15, only the newer 15.

Also, when I insert a board and it grabs it, the end of the board away from the planer gets picked up in the air as it is pulled in. Is this normal or are the rollers not adjusted correctly? I expected the wood to stay flat on the infeed rollers and not get picked up. It does a great job with a beautiful smooth finish and no snipe so far.

Definitely night and day compared to my Dewalt 735 especially sound wise. The Dust Collector is louder than the planer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Lesher View Post
    Also, when I insert a board and it grabs it, the end of the board away from the planer gets picked up in the air as it is pulled in. Is this normal or are the rollers not adjusted correctly? I expected the wood to stay flat on the infeed rollers and not get picked up. It does a great job with a beautiful smooth finish and no snipe so far.
    Bed rollers are set too high. Move them completely below the table. Keep the be waxed and there won't be any issues