Thread: Nova Faceplate question

Nova Faceplate question

I came across a Nova 3-inch faceplate. But, the grub/set screw was lost. Does anyone know what size it takes? I tried calling Nova and after being on hold for over an hour and listening to their "our lines are currently busy - leave a message and we will return the call within 48 hours" I gave up.

Thanks
    Ricc
    Last edited by Ricc Havens; 05-09-2017 at 5:16 PM.

When I'm in a situation like that I just take the faceplate to Home Depot and try screws until I find the one that fits....did that with my Kelton handle recently for a set screw I lost and got a new one in no time...

OOPS! I should have mentioned that I don't drive due to a vision issue. So, when I get a taxi to go to the hardware store I like to be prepared and know exactly what to buy. That way I spend less time getting all the stuff I need on that trip and therefore not waste time and money having the taxi wait while I try different screws. Or, I sometimes order small items with other stuff off amazon with my prime free shipping.

thanks
    Ricc

Ricc I can't help you with the grub screw size (my guess would be M8 x 1.25 though) but I can recommend getting a thread ID kit. I've found it pretty helpful especially when making shopping lists for small parts. eBay is a good source for oddball fasteners, too.

You should probably just contact Nova and ask them.

None of my faceplates have the screws since I have never needed to use one in reverse.
    I did check with my Nova inserts and chuck jaw screws; the 6mm will also fit the faceplate.
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe

get yourself a friend with a set of sae and metric taps

It's an M6 screw. If it's allowed, here's a link for Nova spare parts that shows screws and the grub screw : http://www.novatoolsusa.com/NOVA-Chu...pares-NSFK.htm

My local hardware store has sets of nuts and bolts you can use to test it. Maybe yours does too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please see personal profile for website info.

thanks guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricc Havens View Post
    I came across a Nova 3-inch faceplate. But, the grub/set screw was lost. Does anyone know what size it takes? I tried calling Nova and after being on hold for over an hour and listening to their "our lines are currently busy - leave a message and we will return the call within 48 hours" I gave up.

Thanks
    Ricc
    Ricc, if you haven't solved this by Sunday [Saturday night], I can take mine down to our local Ace hardware and check the size.

Thanks Jamie but Art Moore was able to provide the info needed.

Ricc