Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20w galvo q switch fiber laser y axis stop working

Ok, just curious, how long does Ebay give you to dispute a bad sale?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Ok, just curious, how long does Ebay give you to dispute a bad sale?
    I believe it's 30 days but here's the catch - you can't dispute a sale just because the terms of the warranty suck. As long as the seller has followed their policies regarding warranty repairs, exchanges, returns, etc., ebay considers them to be doing their job and you won't get any help from them.

Bottom line, youre in the USA they are in China , if they decided not to give you any help there is not a thing you can do! Many of these are sold by resellers on tiny margins, it's a race to the bottom on prices and this is the downside. You might send it back and never see it again as now you don't even have the backing of eBay. Ask again if they will send a replacement galvo Head, if they don't start trying to fix it yourself. Buying expensive kit like this unsighted is always a roll of the dice!

There are a lot of reputable Chinese venders, I purchased from one, Kev and Gary from another. Its called doing research before buying. The best you can do now is like your doing order the replacement and hope for the best. You might tell your eBay buyer what you are doing and where your posting. I would also not let them off the hook, complain to eBay and did you pay with PayPal? Same again.

Cut and pasted from the eBay vender listing.... I just sent them an email asking about the warranty, so we will see. I was looking at this machine before I purchased from Ray Fine.

We provide the technology support before and after of the sale. Generally, we reply the question within 24 hours. You can also contact with us by MSN or Skype anytime for the online service.
    We have one year warranty for our machine.
    We can provide all of the replacement parts and supply all of the consumables.
    If you can't sure if your material is suitable for our machine or you want to see the marking result,please send us the sample,we would like to test free for you.

New message from: cnsigntech(3,569
    )

Glad to hear from you again.
    Yes, of course. We have one year warranty. Our engineer will help you to test if there is any problem with the machine.
    And then give you the solution ,send the needed spare part or return for repair.
    Don't worry about it,
    Any other question, please let me know.

with best regards
    Shirley

Last edited by Bill George; 04-10-2017 at 7:26 PM. Reason: Posting Reply from Coletech
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Bill,
    How do you like your Ray Fine machine? Have you dealt with their support before? I'm looking at their 20w galvo fiber laser with camera position. That seems to be a new cool feature (if it work).
    I finally gotten a reply from them asking for a video replicating the problem. Which I did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMx-mHEtCT0
    I will update to see what step they take next for the warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Nguyen View Post
    Bill,
    How do you like your Ray Fine machine? Have you dealt with their support before? I'm looking at their 20w galvo fiber laser with camera position. That seems to be a new cool feature (if it work).
    I finally gotten a reply from them asking for a video replicating the problem. Which I did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMx-mHEtCT0
    I will update to see what step they take next for the warranty.
    The only issues I had were solved via email. I had one nosily fan motor I checked and found I could oil and it was fine. Just went ahead a replaced both with exact same only ball bearing ones. Never bothered with warranty. Others on here own Ray Fine, Rabbit, and others I can not recall, have been happy.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Thanks Bill,
    I'm talking to Ray Fine for a 2nd (backup) system.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Nguyen View Post
    I've been reading here alot but hadn't actually post. Well I just bought a 20w galvo q switch fiber laser and been playing around with it and 5 weeks. The y axis just stop working in the middle of a project. It was marking fine and then it would only mark straight horizontal lines. I opened the lens and found the y axis mirror doesn't move. Anyone with this similar problem? The machine is only 5 weeks old. The laser source is maxphotonics. The galvanometer scan head is ouya scanhead10. I think I'm just unlucky and got a faulty galvanometer, but it's past the 30 days return time and they won't accept a return. It costs more for me to ship the whole machine back and wait 30-45 days for them to repair and ship back. I have a personalized gift shop that can only go 10 days without this engraver. Should I just replace the scanhead? I found a similar spec to the ouya scanhead10 at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/fibe...208.0.0.MyveVU

When I turn on the machine only the x axis mirror moves, the y mirror just doesn't move at all. Everything else seem fine. Anyone had this same problem but it's not the y mirror motor? I believe the control board is also inside the unit, so instead of replacing just the motor I'd just replace the whole scan head. Time is not on my side. Shipping cost DHL Express for this machine (25kg) is about $400 one way. So it would cost me $800, the galvanometer I found is about that price. I'm just afraid to buy it only to find out it doesn't fix the problem.
    This is one of my concerns buying a Chinese machine. I can take apart a computer and build it back from scratch, but for reasons unknown, I'm not the best at lasers. I would have no issues purchasing a Chinese laser with US support, but there are so many of those, it's really hard to know who to trust. I looked at LIT Laser, but can't find anything about them.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 80 watt
    Synrad 30 Watt - CO2 Galvo
    LaserStar 3804 - 50 watt fiber - SPI Source
    Tykma Minilase - 20 watt fiber - SPI Source - (MOPA)
    CorelDraw X7