Thread: turning club in MN

turning club in MN

Does anyone know of turning clubs or classes in MN? Preferably in the north metro area although that part is flexible.

I saw Minnesota Wood turners association but it does not look like there is much opportunity for hands on turning with others which is what I am going for. I assume with a population this size there must be other clubs?

There is one in St. Cloud, that meets on Thursdays from 6-9. Mid MN Association of Woodturners. Don't know much about it but they have a website.

Brandon, Minnesota Woodturners does offer some classes. Usually they are once a month or so and pertain to sharpening, bowls, natural edge bowls, etc. They also offer classes with professional turners a few times each year. They have meetings monthly and they usuallly involve a turning challenge, turning demonstrations, wood raffle etc. I've been a member for 5 or 6 years and everyone is friendly and helpful. I don't make many meetings because of my busy schedule but it's worth checking out.
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Brandon, go to the Minnesota Woodturners Ass. website and look under calendar drop down there is usually a list of classes available for the month selected. There is a meeting on this coming Saturday morning one of the members is doing a demo on turning bowls this month. If you join you will get notifications on offered classes. Also they may be able to hook you up with a turner in your general area of the twin cities. They are a lot of benefits to joining the club that more than pay for the dues to join.