Thread: Coming Back to the Creek

Coming Back to the Creek

I've been a way from woodworking for longer than anticipated. My wife and I ended up moving (twice) as we built a new house and all my tools were in storage, but I'm finally getting my shop set up and looking forward to making sawdust again. Anyhow, just saying hi and I'll try to get some shop and project pictures posted once I'm back up and running.

Happy Friday,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bain View Post
    I've been a way from woodworking for longer than anticipated. My wife and I ended up moving (twice) as we built a new house and all my tools were in storage, but I'm finally getting my shop set up and looking forward to making sawdust again. Anyhow, just saying hi and I'll try to get some shop and project pictures posted once I'm back up and running.

Happy Friday,
    Tom

Welcome back! I have been there and done that myself.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Welcome back, Tom! 'Glad you have your tools uncovered and ready to rock and roll!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bain View Post
    I've been a way from woodworking for longer than anticipated. My wife and I ended up moving (twice) as we built a new house and all my tools were in storage, but I'm finally getting my shop set up and looking forward to making sawdust again.
    Hello! Me too, I purposely kept away for a few years while building my shop. Well, I barely took time to eat and sleep so forum time would have been scarce anyway!

JKJ

Welcome back Tom!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Welcome back
    I going through the same thing. Moved to another state for new job. Renting house now, tools are filling up the 2 stall attached garage and my enclosed trailer is full as well. Hope to find land or an acreage to start building a new shop on. Hopefully with in the next few months I will be able to start a "new shop thread"

I have this grandiose idea that my new space (oversized 2-car garage) is going to be super-organized, but I know that I'll want to start making something right away and it will probably descend into the usual chaos that I know and love so well :-)