Thread: Help Please

Help Please

Well, I've spend far too much time on this search.

I know it was mentioned here some time back but I'm unable to locate it.

What I'm looking for is the information on the system that aids in setting square and angles on the table saw. It had sensors that would cause lights to come on when proper angle is achieved...thought I had bookmarked the site but I guess not.

Thank you in advance.

Doug

Doug, I don't know if these are what you're referring to, but they are electronig gauges for setting the angle and height of your TS blade. I've not used them, but I remembered seeing them on the Rockler website.

Angle gauge: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=5954

Depth gauge: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=5182

Does anybody have experience with either of these?

I hope this helps -

- Vaughn

Vaughn...Yup, that's what I was looking for! Thank you so much. I see Rockler is sold out, at least through the net but I found a source just down the road from Portland, OR that I will order from today.

Thank you so much.

Doug

Let me know how you like them Doug. I think the angle gauge would be useful for me and my tired eyes, but unless it's EXACTLY right on, then I don't need to spend the money. (I use a drafting triangle for setting the angle now, and it's accurate, but my eyes don't always cooperate.)

- Vaughn

Will do. Discovered that the manufacture is here in Oregon so I'm going to order direct from them.

I too struggle with poor eyesight or dust on the bifocals and poor shop lighting..I so look forward to getting my home shop set up soon so that I can do this more creative work there instead of in the production shop.

Doug

I too am very interested in how the gauges work. Please let us know if they are right-on or just close. Thanks

I bought one years ago when they first came out and didn't like it. Did better with a triangle and square. Maybe they have improved. I threw mine in the trash.