Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to me MiniMax FS 350 Jointer/Thicknesser.

There's no clicking sound from my infeed/outfeed rollers. You might be right that a bearing is bad, but maybe the drive chain has a problem? Take the cover off and have a look while it's running. You definitely want to disengage the rollers when not using the planer function. If you don't the friction material on the drive wheel can/will get a low spot in it. You can check to see what shape it's in when you have the cover off. I have no clue how that can be repaired if it's bad, but someone here probably knows if you need to know.

John

I've never noticed a sound from the infeed/outfeed rollers, but then again, the combination of hearing protection and my poor hearing doesn't help with that. Yes, I disengage the rollers when setup for jointing.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Joel,
    I always disengage the rollers when jointing on my Hammer. It's part of the operating instructions.
    Regards,
    Tom

Sweet. thanks for the continued feedback to everyone.

Ok So I think this is the last thing. I got to troubleshooting the clicking sound in the roller mechanism. And I found the source. its one of the chains that drives the roller. Its seems a bit slack in one section. But I don't know how much tension should actually be on it. It can be adjusted by moving the small screw Z( just above the handle that engages/disengages the feed roller. that screw allows a small piece of sheet metal to control the amount of tension applied to the feed roller lever ( it basically acts as an adjustable stop for the lever). I can change the amount of sound from the chain but st this point I don't really care about the sound because I don't think its problematic . I just want to set the lever detente to the correct height and therefore set the correct tension to the chain/gear assy the the lever effects..

Can you guys let me know where yours is set?

IMG_0347.jpg

Also here is a video of the gears and chain in motion. You can see the chain that is causing the sound fluctuating its motion up and down. This is with the lever stop at a lower level ( least tension)..

Thank you again!!

Joel
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would contact SCM and get an owner's manual, whether or not it helps you with this particular issue.

John