Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hammer slider vs. Minimax

That will be my next step. Thanks, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cheever View Post
    That will be my next step. Thanks, Rod.
    Call Steven at Felder. 302-351-5918. He’s consistently calling me. If that number doesn’t work call 302-322-7732.

Does anyone have examples of overarm dust collection that they have used on these saws? (I didnt see a strong recommendation in the thread...)
    Last edited by Carl Beckett; 02-20-2018 at 6:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Beckett View Post
    Does anyone have examples of overarm dust collection that they have used on these saws? (I didnt see a strong recommendation in the thread...)
    I use a Shark Guard with a 4" hose attachment, with the hose hung from the ceiling. From the ceiling it is rigid pipe, blast gate, then a foot of flex hose right above the guard. The 4" is overkill, if I open the blast gate too far it will suck up fairly large offcuts.
    Mark McFarlane

See post no. 7: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....op-is-Underway

I hope your choice works out for you. I went from a Grizzly 1023 to a SCM/Minimax SC3. The customer service would be comical if it was not so awful. Make sure you document the arrival of the saw in total detail. Look for any signs that the saw has shifted inside the crate. Remove one of the crate ends BEFORE you even touch it on the truck. Pictures and more pictures. Especially when you unpack even if you don't see damages. And I would highly recommend making sure you have pictures of the saw inside the crate and how it was strapped down, including the feet where there are small plastic anchors that hold the saw in place.

You will be sent the terms of the shipment the day they ship it to you. Until that moment you do not know how it works, or who is responsible for what, or what you can and cannot do (ie refuse the shipment). You should ask for those terms up front, unless you want to gamble that you are willing to take the risk, or in my case to not learn about the situation until after the saw is on the truck and headed to your delivery point. Read Jim's comment on the dado insert, and the price. That piece is shipped beneath the saw and totally hidden until you uncrate. Along with a lot of other aluminum.

Don't wait to unpack that saw. Be on it quickly.

Hi, I installed an Excelsior guard on mine, it swings out of the way with the release of one toggle clamp.....Rod.

Completed Installation.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Gandy View Post
    I hope your choice works out for you. I went from a Grizzly 1023 to a SCM/Minimax SC3. The customer service would be comical if it was not so awful. Make sure you document the arrival of the saw in total detail. Look for any signs that the saw has shifted inside the crate. Remove one of the crate ends BEFORE you even touch it on the truck. Pictures and more pictures. Especially when you unpack even if you don't see damages. And I would highly recommend making sure you have pictures of the saw inside the crate and how it was strapped down, including the feet where there are small plastic anchors that hold the saw in place.

You will be sent the terms of the shipment the day they ship it to you. Until that moment you do not know how it works, or who is responsible for what, or what you can and cannot do (ie refuse the shipment). You should ask for those terms up front, unless you want to gamble that you are willing to take the risk, or in my case to not learn about the situation until after the saw is on the truck and headed to your delivery point. Read Jim's comment on the dado insert, and the price. That piece is shipped beneath the saw and totally hidden until you uncrate. Along with a lot of other aluminum.

Don't wait to unpack that saw. Be on it quickly.

I was going to buy a bandsaw from minimax a few weeks back and Sam Blasco told me that I had to arrange for my own carrier from Minimax’s place of business in Atlanta. Any and all issues with shipping were my responsibility to schedule. And any problems with the bandsaw that happened in shipping were between myself and whatever company I hired.

That sounded like a terrible solution, so I passed. Now I’m back to figuring out what to do for a bandsaw. I know there are resellers, so maybe I go that route.

Really? I ordered a C26 Genius from Sam a few months ago, SCM arranged the carrier including lift gate service with a straight truck. Worked out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    Really? I ordered a C26 Genius from Sam a few months ago, SCM arranged the carrier including lift gate service with a straight truck. Worked out fine.
    So I bought a J/P from Sam in December and they arranged shipping. It worked just fine and I was pleased with the process so I called him about the bandsaw. Sam told me it was a new policy starting in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Pappas View Post
    With that being said, I am very new to sliders so a lot of my aggravation’s could be from user error and not enough hours with the machine.
    What aggravations?
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.