Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to get Grizzly 10% discount coupon

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Shoffner View Post
    I've been stalking the Grizzly 8" jointers as well. I called them yesterday and sales dept. said the GO490 and GO656 are both due in to the warehouse on May 17th.
    I also heard their spring sale will start April 10th. The sales lady assured me that the free shipping noted on some of the jointers will be good for the entire year. Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by John Donofrio View Post
    For what it's worth I ordered a G0490X a few weeks ago knowing it was out of stock, both the website and Grizzly CS said so. I ordered anyway to get on the waiting list expecting to wait a couple months for it to ship. A couple days later I get a shipping notification via email and a few days after that the thing was at my house.

I have no idea how or why. Maybe they found one tucked away in the warehouse?
    Well damn that is awesome! I would love to go ahead and place this order if i could find the coupon! Haha.

On a side note, what do you feel about the 490x vs 490xw cuts per minute difference? That's the only thing different from what I can tell (cutter diameter is smaller on the 490xw making it spin slightly faster). The prices of both saws are comparable (except shipping obviously).

Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by Kevin Vasko; 03-30-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Vasko View Post
    Well damn that is awesome! I would love to go ahead and place this order if i could find the coupon! Haha.

On a side note, what do you feel about the 490x vs 490xw cuts per minute difference? That's the only thing different from what I can tell (cutter diameter is smaller on the 490xw making it spin slightly faster). The prices of both saws are comparable (except shipping obviously).

Thanks for the heads up.
    Yeah, I too was hoping to find or receive a 10% coupon (Wood Mag subscriber here) but never did.

I asked the CS guy at Grizzly about the differences between the X and XW and he said the only difference is the factory. The XW comes from a new(er) factory. Not sure why there are a few (very minor) spec differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Shoffner View Post
    I've been stalking the Grizzly 8" jointers as well. I called them yesterday and sales dept. said the GO490 and GO656 are both due in to the warehouse on May 17th.
    I also heard their spring sale will start April 10th. The sales lady assured me that the free shipping noted on some of the jointers will be good for the entire year. Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by John Donofrio View Post
    Yeah, I too was hoping to find or receive a 10% coupon (Wood Mag subscriber here) but never did.

I asked the CS guy at Grizzly about the differences between the X and XW and he said the only difference is the factory. The XW comes from a new(er) factory. Not sure why there are a few (very minor) spec differences.
    That is interesting they said that. The x and xw versions definitely have a difference in the diameter of the cutter head. Whether that makes a difference or not is the question. I highly doubt it does though and it probably would be fairly rare for someone to have both to do a side by side comparison to check.

Found a 1 time use 10% coupon that expired TODAY! Just be orders the 490x.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Vasko View Post
    Found a 1 time use 10% coupon that expired TODAY! Just be orders the 490x.
    Lucky! If you happen to run across another and dont need it PM me!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!