Thread: Idea for a laser project

Idea for a laser project

I have an idea for a laser project, in fact a couple of them. My daughter is going to get married in May and I am thinking about getting she and her husband a good family Bible and building a nice box to put it in with their picture and wedding information on the top of the box lid.

My son also is going to graduate with his masters degree in December and I thought I might get his diploma engraved into a nice piece of wood as well.

Now that I've got the ideas flowing I need to find someone of you guys to do the laser work for me. Is anyone of you close to Pocahontas Arkansas?

I'm sure that I could work with someone off in the distance too but it might be easier if it were close enough. I looked at the info the other day about those of you who were creekers who had a laser. No one within an hour away.

Is it possible to scan a diploma into a jpg and send it over the e-mail with good enough resolution to zap it into a piece of wood. I'm sure that digital photos of the other two will work..

Are any of you out there interested in helping me with my project. If so shoot me an e-mail or a PM. I will send you out the box lid and the plaque for them to be engraved once I get the work done. Of course I want to pay for the work too.

By the way how much does something like that cost???? I really want to know ahead of time.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

Hi Jim.... I'm only a hop, skip and a jump... West Helena, AR.

I've done my on diploma from Ouachita and it came out really great. As noted in some other discussions, if the paper has a gold seal on it, these can present scanning problems. But the rest of it works great. File sending should be no problem. I can give you some good options other than email for large file transfers.

The box is a great idea too. I love doing photgraphs as a lot of the other folks here do also.

Drop me a note... porjoe at hnb.com (I'm sure you can figure that out..)
    ~Joe

Great to know you are in my area

How about that, laser work right here in arkansas. I'll try to keep up with where you are and will be in touch when I get more of my plans laid out.

Thanks for the reply
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

Idea for a laser project

Jim,

After the wedding, you might consider a tile engraved with a wedding picture, names and date, with cork feet for a trivet.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Keith Outten just had a thread about diplomas engraved on Corian. I've also seen similar things on tile at (I think) www.lasertile.com.

For wedding stuff, I submit my humble attempt:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=21082
    That one was sized to hold 4x6 photos.