Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotary settings in EZcad

From my experience with the rotary, the laser output is identical to what's on the screen in relation to the scanhead. I haven't messed with axis changes, but I would think that changing the X via the mirrors would work, but maybe that's defeated in rotary mode-?

My only advice, if you're wanting the bounding box rotated 90° and nothing else is working, rotate the on-screen image and see what happens...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I have tried objects on screen rotation, as well as every possible combination of Galvo X 1 or 2, Angle Degree, Galvo 1 and 2 Negates, External Axis ID, Inverts, Rotate Axis, Project Mark Orientation, and External Axis 1,2. I heard back from the manufacturer today and they sent me a "Parameter adjusting of Rotary card" which walks you through using the CorFile2 application in the Ezcad folder to create Correct Files. Using the 9 Points rectangle you get an assisted orientation set up, but this ultimately only makes the same changes that can be made in the Parem (F3) Fields Tab. (These changes are reflected in the markcfg7 file in Ezcads plug folder.

I am trying to run the rotary in the X Axis Orientation. In the build I did before this one, using the exact same software/hardware from the same vendor, X axis orientation was the default, and I never tried anything else. On this build the orientation is only working as the Y orientation. Manufacturer can not give me any reason why this has changed.

Video of Previous Build - https://youtu.be/iRJrZ1EZG80

Additionally I have tried all of these settings with several different version of EzCad, 2.14.7, 2.14.9, and 2.14.10.

Hardware;
    Model LMCV4-Fiber-M
    Rotate_Mark_V1.1.0 JXT-M40668
    Raycus 30W Fiber
    SG7110 Scanhead

3. So I am having an issue with the rotary in EZCAD2 which I am going to try my best to explain. I have researched this issue high and low and have not come to any resolution.

the issue that I am having is that when I run my measurements on my object for the diameter settings, I have to half those values because the graphic will become squished. I have ran through all my setting and set the split settings to anywhere from 1 - 3 (not the default 50) and made sure my steps per rotation settings are 6400 as it is setup on the actual rotary. I am not sure if this makes a difference or not by we are running a 100mm rotary vs the standard 80mm.

there is something fundamental that I am either missing or there is a bug in the version of software that I am using.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I typically can figure things out myself but this one is frustrating.

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Christopher Fata; 03-31-2021 at 5:29 PM.

Inside the unit somewhere is the rotary controller. On the controller is a set of dipswitches, and a 'menu' of the various pulses per rotation you can set the rotary to and the dipswitch settings. You should check yours, it sounds like the card may be set for 12,800 rather than the default 6,400. Another way to test with the software is, rather than cutting the diameter setting in half, go into the params settings and change the pulses per round from 6400 to 12800. Then do a test run using the correct diameter setting. If that works, call it done

FWIW I have my rotary set to 20,000. The main reason isn't to gain higher detail, it's simply because, the higher the pulse count, the slower the rotary moves from place to place. It doesn't help the quality of your engraving if the rotary is still rebounding from the 'stop-shock' when the next engraving starts!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

5. Thank you for the information. I checked the Rotary and it was setup for 6400. So I played around with the numbers a bit, went to 12,800 and it was still squished. Ended up tying 12800 which expanded the image and then landed on 17200 for a setting after tying various other numbers.

I etched a circle and checked its measurements, for whatever reason the settings of 17200 for the step parameter seems to do the trick. I cant explain it....it just works and is repeatable on different diameter objects.

Once again, thank you for the assistance.

6. Christopher can you let me know if the changes you made going to 17200 rotations is a setting that is still working and resolved your rotary issues?