Hey All,

Our laser stopped firing last Friday it powers up fine, and it attempts to run a job but absolutely no laser firing at all. It was working the day before without any sign of being faulty so it's a bit odd.

We took our tube to the local rep and it works fine in his machine so we eliminated the possibility of a tube failure. He figured it was firmware related so I took the tube back home and updated everything and even setup second PC from scratch just to ensure and still nothing firing.

The rep has a new motherboard on the way and said if I resolved it before it got here I could just mail it back and save the $1,000 or so it costs. The only thing is I'm not 100% convinced it's the motherboard, most electronics tend to fail either 100% or not at all and I took the motherboard out and there is *zero* evidence of any sort of faults, granted capacitors are hard to tell.

I thought perhaps part of the power supply is damaged, as if it's enough power to turn it on and drive most of the machine but not enough to get the tube powered up to fire properly?

Has anyone else experienced something like this?