Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ray Fine Ordered

Ray Fine Ordered

Last night I convinced myself to order my new toy.
    Bought:
    1@ RF7050 80 watt EFR ZS-1250 LASER TUBE
    1@ CW5000 CHILLER
    1@ Set of SPARE BELTS FOR XYZ AXISES
    1@ Set SPARE MIRRORS: 1PCS FOCUS LENS+3PCS REFLECT MIRRORS (63.5mm)
    1@ 38.1mm SPARE LENS AND LENS HOLDER
    1@ 50.8mm SPARE LENS AND LENS HOLDER
    1@ 70mm SPARE LENS AND LENS HOLDER
    1@ CHUCK TYPE ROTARY AXIS
    1@ 4 WHEEL ROTARY AXIS
    1@ SPARE STEPPING MOTOR

Now just the waiting. Time to clean an area in my work shed for it.

Blog Entries
    Lyle....double check with Blanca on your 38mm lens. It requires a different lens cone to function since its Depth of Field is so short. I might suggest having her do a tube assembly for it so you can simply mount the lens into that tube with the correct cone and then tuck it away till you need to use it. Then you arent having to fuss with taking out the old lens and putting in the new lens and swapping the cone as well. Except for cleaning, the less you touch your lens the better off you are. Or at least that is my theory.

Since you ordered a 70mm lens too you might ask her to do a tube and cone for it too for the same reason. The cost is minimal.

Congrats!!!! Hope you really like it! Give Blanca my best!

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Congrats Lyle on the Ray Fine order ..... from what I can tell on mine so far ( haven't fully unwrapped it all yet) a good quality machine for the price.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Cheredaryk View Post
    Last night I convinced myself to order my new toy.
    Bought:
    1@ RF7050 80 watt EFR ZS-1250 LASER TUBE
    1@ CW5000 CHILLER
    1@ Set of SPARE BELTS FOR XYZ AXISES
    1@ Set SPARE MIRRORS: 1PCS FOCUS LENS+3PCS REFLECT MIRRORS (63.5mm)
    1@ 38.1mm SPARE LENS AND LENS HOLDER
    1@ 50.8mm SPARE LENS AND LENS HOLDER
    1@ 70mm SPARE LENS AND LENS HOLDER
    1@ CHUCK TYPE ROTARY AXIS
    1@ 4 WHEEL ROTARY AXIS
    1@ SPARE STEPPING MOTOR

Now just the waiting. Time to clean an area in my work shed for it.
    Congrats Lyle!

Was wondering what price they quoted you on the CW5000 chiller when including it with the order? And also where you're located.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Seems to be a lot of love for Ray Fine on this forum! Is there a place other than their site that has more pictures and documentation?

Congratulations Lyle, seems to be a number of us who have ordered from Ray Fine recently. Looks like our orders are very similar. This forum was very helpful in choosing what to include in my order. Now we wait.

Blog Entries
    John,

Their web site is pretty poor overall. Not much info. Just Email the sales person we have all been working with and she can get you what you need. Blanca Yan email is yanblanca@yahoo.com. She is very good to work with. Used to be with Shenhui Laser which is where I first heard of her and inadvertantly started working with her after she had moved to Ray Fine. I paused for a bit to do a lot of digging on Ray Fine and how their customers felt about them and ended up buying from her. (Interesting trying to talk to customers about how they like a product when they are all over the world. Google translate and I became good friends! <grin>)
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Thanks David.
    I would be interested to hear what your shipping and customs fees ended up being in total. I've seen some horror stories here and on CNCZone.
    I find forums like this and others to be invaluable tools for gaining knowledge. Beats the hard way. What did we do before the internet????

David,
    I am getting the tube and nozzle with each spare lens so I don't have to mess with changing the lens out in the one tube. I just confirmed this with Ray Fine.
    I have been dealing with Bryant Hu from Ray Fine not Blanca. So far he seems to be very good to work with. Quick responses to all my inquiries.

Keith,
    Seems I may have deleted my reply to you.
    Anyway, the upgrade to the CW5000 chiller added another $400 to the order. Not sure the separate cost of it though.
    I am located all the way up here in frozen Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.

Hi Lyle, I forgot to add that choosing tube size was hard for me. I generally believe that bigger is better but that is not the case if you want to engrave. I decided on a 80w tube but a 130w power supply in case I upgrade in the future. This was only about $60.00 and if I choose to upgrade in the future I will not have to by a power supply.
    Dan

Daniel,
    Not a bad idea to get the larger power supply to future proof an upgrade. I did consider it as well but decided to leave well enough alone for the time being.

Blog Entries
    Hi John!

My shipping cost from Ray Fine to the Port of Shanghai was covered in the purchase cost of the laser and CNC. To ship two crates, one with the laser and one with the CNC, from Shanghai to Seattle, WA was $740.00. There were a slug of Customs and Agricultural charges and fees of various sorts and those added up to about $600 including delivery to my driveway. I am only a few miles from the Port of Seattle though so the delivery charge was pretty minimal.

Dave

I also am working with Bryant. I wish everyone I order from was this good....
    Trotec Speedy 400 80watt, IS400 Volume (2x), LS100ex, Rayzist SandBlaster,
    Valiani MATPRO IX 150 Mat Cutter, Mitre-Mite T-350 double miter saw

Hi Fellow South African SMCs,

After 5 years of thinking, eventually ordered a RF6040 80w EFR desktop, this week.
    Dealing with Bryant and Ray Fine - not a problem, but Freight forwarders/custom clearance in SA and to bring it up to Jhb a major problem,
    Anybody that can recommend somebody, would be appreciated, as the machine will hopefully be assembled/crated this week(holding thumbs, reading some of the other posts about quality)
    It would also be nice to have contact with others in Gauteng with similar equipment.
    Will be waiting in anticipation the next 40+ days, at least many more pages available to read up on and as somebody said; "Never to late to have a happy childhood"

Jimmy