Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ya'll not gonna believe this

Blog Entries
    Ok, I'd send her your last photo, ask her to send you a couple of couplings to insure replacement if breaks, and to send replacement motor bracket.
    you might have to draw out sketch for her. I'd make the lower leg about 25mm long, with slots at least 12mm long to let you adjust location. The vertical leg needs to be a good 12mm taller and for sure 90 degrees. And where the motor side of the bracket is drilled and tapped, I'd get her to drill and vertically slot the holes instead of drilled and tapped. Make slots + and -6mm of current hole.
    BUT!!!!
    And I'm not sure that replacing that bracket or moving motor will entirely fix things. If the bearings on the far side of your rail are fixed, with no motion in any plane, it might not be a good fix. Don't forget the left side can be altered too when you move motor. It might just be that they have it where it is best and coupling will have to take the angle flex.
    BTW, Mcmaster carr sells these couplings and at 5/16 shaft size they can take 3 to 5 degrees of angle. I'll bet they'll last just fine in laser Probably longer than most other things. This doesn't make it right, it should be close to perfectly aligned. they HAVE made more than one of these!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Hi John my last photo is of a crumpled up hose . what photo were you thinking? ... I am going to email Blanca agin about my concerns for the bearing as it also may be under some stress and I feel it would be better to get it as straight as possible.

Brian

Blog Entries
    I meant of the motor setups not the poor hose:-)
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

For the machine to work properly, the gantry assembly must be level and square. If the gantry assembly IS level and square, a solid rod WILL fit perfectly within the gear cogs on each side of the gantry, and rotate the cogs and their bearings freely with zero resistance. Assuming that's true:

Now, we need to saw out a section of that rod to make room for the stepper motor and connector sleeves. After the section is removed, connect the sleeves and motor to the rods. The rod-sleeve-motor-sleeve-rod assembly should be as straight as an arrow, save for the weight of the motor pulling down the middle. Support the motor weight from below or above until the drive rod assembly is dead straight and resistance-free...

NOW is when you connect the motor bracket! And have a bracket with some elongated holes to allow for some adjustment without needing a bunch of shims. Fit and fasten the bracket to the motor and machine, and you're done.

And IF you miss just a little bit, THAT'S what those sleeves are designed for, to compensate for SMALL angle discrepancies

that there's how I'd put that rail assembly together. There is no earthly reason that I can think of for the motor to be half-cocked...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    I agree Kev, I will assume they are level, but the holes on the ends thru the rails aren't! And that again is an assumption. Rails might not be level. We do know it ran ok, he's got video of it. I don't know how much Brian can do. I've plenty of equipment and could get it straight, but most folks don't have the stuff or skills necessary. I can't fix from here, I'll let Brian and Blanca hash it out and I'll shut up.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Well I sent an email to Blanca and will see what she says .... Again I appreciate any and all feedback and input !

Brian

Kinda reminds me of when I bought my brand new '84 Buick Regal T-Type. This was a $16k car in late '83, and the day I took delivery, there on the floor in the back was a handful of screws. The dealer didn't even notice them. They were the last of the screws to hold various interior pieces. I guess Joe G. Embuilder had better things to do than finish putting the screws in my car. Side panel in the back, one of the pillar screws, seat hinge cover screws, a console screw... I just put them where they belonged myself, and hoped the whole car wasn't built like that!

Not just a China thing..
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Hi all ... an update .... turns out the Motor Mount is the wrong one .... here's what Blanca said " for motor mount wechecked there is a little high than it should be. for different batch there issome different for this motor mount.
    we can send another motor mount."

Fingers crossed I won't have to do too much to get it lined up.

Brian

Glad to hear you are getting it sorted out.
    Lyle

All I can say is my Ray Fine fiber had no issues, and works.... well Fine.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Yes it's all getting sorted out quite well ... Blanca is also sending me a few spare parts such as Mirrors and Belts and Lens, Coupler and Motor mount ... should I tell her I'll pay for a Stepper Motor and what else should I need as a Spare Part ? .... It will be free shipping

Brian

Blog Entries
    I havent worn anything out yet, but I do have spare belts and mirrors and the chain for the table drive that I got. I also got spare lenses on the assumption I would do something stupid or careless and toast a lens as I got going. (but reading tons of SMC posts before ordering seems to have drilled good habits into me and I have had no problems so far.....many thanks fellow SMC'ers!! <grin>) And I got a dedicated lens tube/cone for each size lens I have so I can swap them out easily as needed rather than having to disassemble/reassemble things to change out a lens. Other than that I am not sure what else I might have reasonably ordered as a spare, other than as you suggested, having a spare stepper? Thoughts everyone?
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Blog Entries
    I'd make sure she sends belt for both ends. you 'might' damage them replacing the bracket. Make sure she sends at least one microswitch, they are cheap but rather have one in my spare box than chase one down. And they are easily bent. I have no idea on motor, I didn't buy one for spare myself. Look closely at machine, if you see anything else hinky that she can replace tell her!
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

14. Thanks for sharing your journey Brian! For everyone that posts on here saying thanks there are probably 20 more just quietly learning and appreciating the detailed responses. I chose your same freight forwarder for my 7050 80w and hopefully will pick it up from Vancouver myself by the end of April.

To change the Bracket I think I will just need to undo both Couplers and slide them to the side and the Mount would just be left to unscrew?

They did send a spare microswitch and I ordered 4 more on eBay for like $3.00 ... she is sending a set of Belts 3 pieces.

David I think I may like to have a 1.5 lens and would get the holder as well is that not standard for the smaller lens... I would like to try and add graphics to my Pens .... sound good ?

Thanx a bunch for all the help and feedback .... I feel much better about the whole process

Brian